The discovery thread!
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #34,606 of 100,497
Tried the Advanced S2000.

Really like the way it felt in my ear and its ergonomics. The sound seemed to be pretty good too, but I wasn't able to get a good seal in the ear.

The way the nozzle is angled does not work well with my ears. Tried both medium and large foam tips with them.

Its a bummer since I think I would have really liked it judging from its frequency response. I wanted something with good isolation which is difficult with a subpar seal.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #34,607 of 100,497
Finally got around to reviewing the EDC. Outside of the carrying case's crappy construction, it's a solid product.

Beautiful review which made me think that these would make a great replacement for my dying Havi B3s and I could share the cables with the IT01s I have on the way. I almost ordered these until I noticed these are 2 pin and not mmcx like the IT01s. Are there any 2 pin to mmcx adapters or would that degrade the sound?

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #34,609 of 100,497
Thank you for the honest reply, what do you think of the DM5s themselves.
Well after 190000390000 hours of burn in i shall give you my impressions :wink:
I have loaned it to a friend and it wasn't burn in enough till then. Out of the box it was a very narrow V shaped sig for me. However, after considerable burn in of 40 hours or so the V widened but overall i felt the mids were pretty recessed. I am guessing i still need to burn them in more. As for the cables, the lesser said the better. Please do yourself a favour and change them to a copper one if you can. I prefer copper because it gives me a sense of a deep hitting lows.

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #34,610 of 100,497
Well after 190000390000 hours of burn in i shall give you my impressions :wink:
I have loaned it to a friend and it wasn't burn in enough till then. Out of the box it was a very narrow V shaped sig for me. However, after considerable burn in of 40 hours or so the V widened but overall i felt the mids were pretty recessed. I am guessing i still need to burn them in more. As for the cables, the lesser said the better. Please do yourself a favour and change them to a copper one if you can. I prefer copper because it gives me a sense of a deep hitting lows.
Thank you for your impressions, I have the iBasso IT01s on the way and I want to pick up another iem with a smooth signature with decent mmcx cables to share with the IT01s when I'm working and don't want to snag the IT01s beautiful cable so I will be probably pass on the DM5s for now then.

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #34,611 of 100,497
Well I had a chance to try the Sony WF1000X today and damned near left the store with a pair! I am a sucker for the Sony house sound... Glad I didn't though as they did cut out on the right ear while in the store and it appears this is a common occurrence.

But it does have me seriously thinking about getting the Wi1000x which has better detail and better specs as it supports Aptx and Aptx HD which my LG V20 also supports as well as being a hybrid.

Anyone hear try the WI1000X?

What out of all the gems recently discovered will give me a Sony like sound and save my bank account???

Dec 16, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #34,612 of 100,497
Thank you for your impressions, I have the iBasso IT01s on the way and I want to pick up another iem with a smooth signature with decent mmcx cables to share with the IT01s when I'm working and don't want to snag the IT01s beautiful cable so I will be probably pass on the DM5s for now then.
I would suggest the whizzer a15. Have sent you a PM about it.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #34,614 of 100,497

IT01 cable is pretty durable, and you can always figure out how to manage it behind the neck or under a shirt. Love that cable!

Now, when you say "another iem with a smooth signature", do you mean IT01 has a smooth signature? Cause I wouldn't really call it a smooth signature, considering IT01 is more V-shaped than IT03, and has a crisper lower treble in comparison to IT03.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #34,615 of 100,497
IT01 cable is pretty durable, and you can always figure out how to manage it behind the neck or under a shirt. Love that cable!

Now, when you say "another iem with a smooth signature", do you mean IT01 has a smooth signature? Cause I wouldn't really call it a smooth signature, considering IT01 is more V-shaped than IT03, and has a crisper lower treble in comparison to IT03.

Mine haven't arrived yet so I can't say, from what I can take from reviews it seems like a very musical and enjoyable listening experience. I have never owned any high end IEMs or DAPs for that matter. I have been enjoying my Havi b3s with my FiiO X3ii for the past few years and I would consider it a smooth listening experience and the Nuforce sounded like it might be the same and within my current budget. If you could suggest another smooth affordable IEM I would appreciate it. Thanks

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #34,616 of 100,497
Mine haven't arrived yet so I can't say, from what I can take from reviews it seems like a very musical and enjoyable listening experience. I have never owned any high end IEMs or DAPs for that matter. I have been enjoying my Havi b3s with my FiiO X3ii for the past few years and I would consider it a smooth listening experience and the Nuforce sounded like it might be the same and within my current budget. If you could suggest another smooth affordable IEM I would appreciate it. Thanks
What is affordable to you, that could be $100 or $1000 lol

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #34,617 of 100,497
I contact with the seller and he confirm that the falcon-C is a bright sounding iem,

Nothing wrong with bright:) More how it is done. Think we are really only worried about the old CNT peaks and the Titan 1 peak that were too much w/o modification(i.e. Ostry OS100 = Titan-1 fixed). Talk of advanced CNT drivers and liquid metal housings that are better with resonance and ringing over the stainless steel. Heck they are suppose to come with tuning tips(the blue tips) to make them sound brighter. So, after all that and the Titan trial runs, if these have a treble peak flaw then they are a fail. Then maybe I'll look towards the ADV GT3 for a single dynamic flagship and see how the JVC FD turns out(same worry about treble). I do have some faith after the T3 and T5 tuning and going back to tweak for the EX1-II that they are making progress on getting treble tuned right. Just time for the payoff here.

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #34,618 of 100,497

People have slightly different definitions when describing the sound, and in general we all hear things a little different due to various factors, thus always good to read multiple reviews to paint the picture of the product :wink:

It would help if you mention your budget, and be more specific about your sound preference for others to help you. "smooth and affordable" is very vague and can yield at least a few dozen suggestions. Since you mentioned, you haven't owned any high end iems, are you looking for some?

Actually, my suggestion would be to wait until you receive IT01, listen to it for a few days, don't jump into any conclusion with out of the box impressions, let both the DD and brain burn in take its course, and then spend some time with it paired up with your current DAP/source. Then come back and let us know what you like and don't like about it. This can help with a suggestion of what to recommend you next :wink:

Discovery thread is about, well... new discoveries where something new pops up every week and it's easy to get overwhelmed. You already made a decision and placed an order. Wait for it to arrive first. Again, just a suggestion.

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #34,619 of 100,497
I contact with the seller and he confirm that the falcon-C is a bright sounding iem,

Ryan Soo also confirmed in his report from that audio festival show in Japan he just attended that falcon-c is brightly tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back