The discovery thread!
Nov 4, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #34,066 of 100,034
Not really a "discovery" but I got a Triton8 Hybrid Cable from @alpha421. Highly, highly recommend. It's costly but so far has been worth it.

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #34,068 of 100,034
Ok this is a not a new find but given the price I was able to get it and that I had a gift card for that store I had to bite as I always wanted to try one of this companies higher end IEM's. For any Canadian members, these beauties are on sale at Visions Electronics for only $38. Have to say my brief listen so far has given me a huge smile. These things have a very nice full rich sound with cymbals having great presence with just the right amount of crash and decay. Vocals are also close to perfect as well. With singers like Patricia Barber having just a hint of sibilance which is spot on considering her enunciation of S's and T's. About the only area they might lack is sub-bass which is fully present but lacking a bit in heft.

So what are these beauties? Take a peak...

BTW DS this simple dual hybrid stomps a mud hole in the 1More Quad filling in all the things the Quad lacks in regards to clarity and dynamics while still having at least as good a 3D sound stage.

I would say this is the first dual hybrid I have really liked. All for only $38... Crazy!

Insane deal. Just placed an order and going to pick it up a little later.
Thanks for the heads up @dweaver

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #34,069 of 100,034
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #34,070 of 100,034
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #34,071 of 100,034
The first ebay seller has posted the FD01/02 for pre-sale at $496 and $368 lol. Not gonna link and give them any exposure though.:thumbsdown:

JVC BT slated to come on Nov. 9th...https://www.amazon.co.jp/ARX01BT-CLASS-S-K2テクノロジー搭載-Bluetooth・NFC対応-MMCX端子採用/dp/B076WBHD5V

And to update, my RT-1 are in NY at customs atm and scheduled to be in my grubby little hands Wed.

lol- Usually these people are just forwarding from amazon.jp, anyway. Sometimes it even comes direct from amazon :expressionless:

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #34,072 of 100,034
nice looking! who made them, cost, links, etc??? sound?
Thanks
I think they were about $40 each and are 4 wire ones. A friend of mine got them for me therefore i am unable to share links with you.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #34,073 of 100,034
So, that's 24295 yen or $212 US for a bluetooth cable?

lol- Usually these people are just forwarding from amazon.jp, anyway. Sometimes it even comes direct from amazon :expressionless:

I don't make the prices I just report them :money_mouth: Yes the JVC and the Sony(MUC-M2BT1) are $200 and if AT drops one it will probably be $200 esp. since their connector is proprietary but that will suck cause at least the JVC and Sony are MMCX and can be used on plenty of other models.

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #34,074 of 100,034
Soooooooo??? :ksc75smile: I love the DZ7 so much that I may pull the trigger of the DZ12. I'll let you guys know if it's a bang-for-the-buck TOTL. Now, going back down to good sound under $100, that new Fiio intrigues me. Has anyone heard it yet. And any sound quality reports on that Monoprice planar earphone?

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #34,075 of 100,034
Soooooooo??? :ksc75smile: I love the DZ7 so much that I may pull the trigger of the DZ12. I'll let you guys know if it's a bang-for-the-buck TOTL. Now, going back down to good sound under $100, that new Fiio intrigues me. Has anyone heard it yet. And any sound quality reports on that Monoprice planar earphone?
Glad you know you're heading that way. I am loving the DZ 7 a lot. Still some burn in left but i hear them well. I would be really interested to hear your impressions on the DZ12 and dont vanish on us this time :wink:

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #34,076 of 100,034

Is this what we're talking about?

I've been buying lots of earbuds from that store. Dangerous place lol!

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #34,078 of 100,034
Okay, just got them.

The usual nice unboxing experience with Auglamour...
IMG_0517.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0522.JPG
IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0528.JPG

All the little boxes. One with the silicone pouch, one with the cord manager/cleaning tool. 6.3mm adapter/clip, one with the tip tray(not holding the installed extra pair of medium size). Plenty of little cards for warranty, authentication/registering scan codes, accessory list, instructions and what not.

Interestingly thick soft-ish rubber sheathed cable with a very small plug. Thick enough to cover the memory wire so you don't see it bulge and it continues that thick all the way through and is slightly loose fitting that you can squeeze it a bit. No chin slider on it is my only quibble this early.

Using the stock tips. They are a grippy silicone and remind me of the Aurisonic sure seal type w/o the curled in lip at the front. Nice tips.

Metal housing but a soft silicone covered back that is very comfy. fit my quite comfortably though not as small as the B400 are and closer to the Pioneer CH9T size. You'll notice the weird nozzle which seems to resin or acrylic poured in to fill/complete the dual bore. The one ugly looking part that isn't clean and well finished like the rest of the RT-1 but of course with tips on and in your ears you don't really see it.

Very early but the sound is warm and smooth. The graphene driver isn't there yet for sure and seems a little bit thick and not quite as articulate as it will be after a while. What many of us have heard before. The dynamic bloom if you will. So far they are sweet sounding with good balance. A gentle slope from a bit more bass than mids and treble. Seem quite big stage-wise with good bass and treble extension. Treble is smooth and polite but still adds its detail and clarity. Very much like the B400 in that regard. Differs on the low end with the dynamic though which is a bit less than perfectly cohesive as a hybrid at this point but think it will round into shape. Coming from the B400 and CH9T popular signatures, we have another one here that is a kin to those. More like the Pioneer. Shame I recently sold those to not be able to A/B but I still have the Elecom CH1010 which is more balanced but being the same level will fill in nicely.

So far, of course very handsome as expected and a very agreeable sound with no negative as of yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 0
Nov 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #34,080 of 100,034
Yep, very fine for the $55 outside of the potentially sloppy looking resin. Quick comparison and I really think they will end up between the Pioneer and B400 for SQ level and, for me, trail neither as far as enjoyment/being a fun listen. Gonna be a good value for a while!

BTW, did measure the cable which is bigger than a JVC 2mm thick one at about 2.5mm thickness. Also tried some JVC(FX17 tips) which bring the nozzle up to the tip edge more and widen the bore. Does enlarge the stage size a bit but not quite the clarity. The tips they chose for them are a good match and the clarity and imaging are well done with them on. Not that I won't try even more but good to know they did there work there well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back