The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Feb 8, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #9,603 of 9,815
Feb 8, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #9,604 of 9,815
Feb 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #9,605 of 9,815
Quote:
Please for the love of all that sounds good don't buy headphones based on looks. No matter what the unwashed masses will pan you cause "lol wut r dose cheep headphones. Yoo shooda bought BEATS, dey r da best yo". If you buy for sound quality you can just slip them on and be too busy enjoying yourself to care.
Skip the aviators. I demo-ed them and while they're impressive for skull candy, that's not saying much and they're well outclassed by many phones in their price range. They're also pretty chintzy. The JVC ha-s400 and s500 are both being compared favorably and heatedly to the phillips cityscape line. I havent heard any of these, but i think they all warrant a test drive. Besides if you play your cards right you can just about get the s400, s500, uptown and downtown for the price of the aviators.

I've demoed the Aviators too and they seem to sound pretty nice :) As you can see im not an audiophile :p And the looks are kinda just like a plus. Ill research a bit on the JVC's but honestly for now im really not too sure what I am going to get exactly. Thanks for your input. Those were just some examples or things I was kinda intereted in.
Quote:
Pretty sure this belongs in the recommendation thread.

Yeah it does and I tried it twice and both times I got no reply :/ except for this one guy who said if I wanted to get the philips uptown, they can be sold for around $60. I mean If I can find a good deal on some a pair of headphones that I might be interested in ill definately jump on it. I've been checking this thread like everyday and I havent found anything yet :frowning2:

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #9,608 of 9,815
Wow they went out of stock in 6 hours. I wonder how many they had in stock.

I grabbed one. I had it before but they were part of the first batch. They had the worst "seal" problems as well as a rather thin headband. I've noticed that AKG has made the pads more plush in more recent pictures. I'll give them another shot, since I really did like their sound.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #9,612 of 9,815
Guys,
Ordered a brand new Sennheiser HD600 for $299 with 2 year warranty, from these guys -

http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/sennheiser-hd-600-audiophile-headphones-hd600

Coupon code RAZORDOG100 provides an instant rebate of $100 on any item above $399 and RAZORDOG50 provides an instant rebate of $50 on any item above $249!!

I got a mail today saying the order has been shipped and should be delivered to me by tomorrow!!

The online reviews about this website seems all positive.

Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #9,613 of 9,815
RazorDogAudio is an authorized dealer for everything they sell. No need to cross your fingers. Your HD600s will be brand new with the full 2-year Sennheiser warranty. RazorDog is an awesome company with great customer service.

Congrats on the 600s. :)

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #9,614 of 9,815
Quote:
Guys,
Ordered a brand new Sennheiser HD600 for $299 with 2 year warranty, from these guys -

http://www.razordogaudio.com/products/sennheiser-hd-600-audiophile-headphones-hd600

Coupon code RAZORDOG100 provides an instant rebate of $100 on any item above $399 and RAZORDOG50 provides an instant rebate of $50 on any item above $249!!

I got a mail today saying the order has been shipped and should be delivered to me by tomorrow!!

Just checked and verified that the razor audio are the Sennheiser approved retailers and they are located just a few miles away from my Apartment (I do not have any affiliations with them though 
wink.gif
)!!

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #9,615 of 9,815
Quote:
Guys,

Just ordered myself an HD 598!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back