The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #9,136 of 9,815
I owned the XB700s. They're very, very, very bassy and I would only use them with popular rap music or popular EDM. The detail is lacking significantly.

They're not really meant for serious audiophiles. They're meant for your average Joe who listens to pop music and wants a nice Beats-esque headphone. 

If you're a serious audiophile or you listen to detailed, intricate music, then the XB700 isn't really useful to you. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #9,137 of 9,815
Jan 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #9,138 of 9,815
Quote:
I owned the XB700s. They're very, very, very bassy and I would only use them with popular rap music or popular EDM. The detail is lacking significantly.

They're not really meant for serious audiophiles. They're meant for your average Joe who listens to pop music and wants a nice Beats-esque headphone. 

If you're a serious audiophile or you listen to detailed, intricate music, then the XB700 isn't really useful to you. 

I like bass 
o2smile.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #9,139 of 9,815
I think he was asking more if the Chinese sellers are legit or not. I've been looking at these auctions too since I'm thinking of selling my XB700's. The cheap Chinese ones seem to be from just launched sellers, which seems pretty suspicious.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #9,140 of 9,815
Quote:
 The cheap Chinese ones seem to be from just launched sellers

Not all, one has been on ebay since 2010, 96.8% positive, 326 ratings

There is another one who is selling the XB700 incl shipping for $87, 97.7% positive, member since 2011, 359 ratings.

I am wondering is some chinese plant has started producing these discontinued cans.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #9,141 of 9,815
There are a bunch of XB700s from China going inexpensively on ebay. Are these legit/decent sounding cans?
Eg,  Item number 321056174404

Brand new XB700's for $34?!? They have to be knockoffs. No way they can be the real thing at that price. I'm crying foul on this one...

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #9,142 of 9,815
No they are not real..... The most stuff china, you need to be cautious...... got scammed a lot from Chinese knock off. (I end up throw them into garbage )

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #9,146 of 9,815
Quote:
Do you guys think these are legit/good refurbishes? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390512829083&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=51509773579

Yeah, they're legit. Authorized dealers. I've heard though that someone received the Amperior without any of the original packaging, just so you know. I think if you search you can purchase the Amperior straight from vminnovations website and that if you do a websearch you can find a coupon code that will bring the price down another $10. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #9,147 of 9,815
Quote:
Problem/risk is that they are listed in only "good" condition.

I guess it all depends on the consistency of those performing the review.  I know if it were me, I'd be a bit conservative, too, in how I rated a returned product.  I'd hate to stir the customer's expectations by rating a product better than it really is.  However, by taking the rating down a notch or two, they would be happier when they received it and found out it was better than rated.  Also, who knows how much the damage to the packaging plays into the rating system.  Raters who don't know products could just be assigning the rating based on how bad the carton is torn up, as we all know some people have to really work to get a package opened up.  
size]

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #9,148 of 9,815

Quote:
Do you guys think these are legit/good refurbishes? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=390512829083&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=51509773579

Quote:
Yeah, they're legit. Authorized dealers. I've heard though that someone received the Amperior without any of the original packaging, just so you know. I think if you search you can purchase the Amperior straight from vminnovations website and that if you do a websearch you can find a coupon code that will bring the price down another $10. 

Yep. $159 shipped through their website with coupon code FACEBOOK. They have the silver ones too.

http://vminnovations.com/Product_46888/Sennheiser-HD-25-Amperior-DJ-Pro-Monitoring-Headphones-Blue-Refurbished-.html

I guess it all depends on the consistency of those performing the review.  I know if it were me, I'd be a bit conservative, too, in how I rated a returned product.  I'd hate to stir the customer's expectations by rating a product better than it really is.  However, by taking the rating down a notch or two, they would be happier when they received it and found out it was better than rated.  Also, who knows how much the damage to the packaging plays into the rating system.  Raters who don't know products could just be assigning the rating based on how bad the carton is torn up, as we all know some people have to really work to get a package opened up.  
eek.gif

Generally speaking I think you're right but Amazon Warehouse Deals seems to be the exception. Even "Used - Good" items have been reported as being in like-new/open box condition. I think AmzWD are just very harsh with their assessments of good vs very good vs like new. Its as if they're basing it off of the condition of the box rather than the item. Every indication is that the headphones sold thru AmzWD are Amazon returns which would make them at the most 30 days old. Whereas a 3rd party seller's idea of "Used - Good" is very different and likely to be quite old and used.

The downside is there's typically no warranty but you can buy a square trade warranty with it.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #9,149 of 9,815
Quote:

That is for sure, the question is how good are the knockoffs 
biggrin.gif

The inexpensive but very good monoprice earphones/headphones come to mind.

I wish someone started making rebadged XB1000s 
biggrin.gif

Very true. Since the originals were made in China, there's a chance that whoever was making them never stopped when Sony discontinued them, essentially producing the same product. Many companies have problems with "ghost factories" in China during production, which is when employees stay after hours to produce unlicensed product that's identical to the real thing and made on the same line. It's not clear whether that's the case with these, though, or they're just terrible headphones that happen to look like XB700's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back