The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #9,016 of 9,815
Quote:
The link says they are already gone anyways, lol

Hope someone here on head-fi got them :/

Quote:
Anyone knows any other deals on the AKG Q701/K701/702? I don't even think ill enjoy them, but somewhy I need to have them!

Just be patient, the Q701 show up very often on amazon in the sub $200 range. If not you'll pay about $230-$240

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #9,017 of 9,815
Thing is 150 was the perfect budget for me, it was capped at 200, 150 for headphones and the rest for shipping.
Now I can throw my debt card ( which isn't rechargeable ) away, because amazon decides to be butthurt and insist on 50$ shipping and 4 days rather than 10$ and 30 days. Cannot buy anything now over 150..

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #9,018 of 9,815
Quote:
Thing is 150 was the perfect budget for me, it was capped at 200, 150 for headphones and the rest for shipping.
Now I can throw my debt card ( which isn't rechargeable ) away, because amazon decides to be butthurt and insist on 50$ shipping and 4 days rather than 10$ and 30 days. Cannot buy anything now over 150..

Where are you located? I don't think 'butthurt' is something amazon gets. I think they're probably charging the cost of shipping. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #9,019 of 9,815
Where are you located? I don't think 'butthurt' is something amazon gets. I think they're probably charging the cost of shipping. 

Israel.
30 days shipping costs 10$, from US to Israel afaik. They charge 50 bucks for 4 day shipping, which I cannot afford nor want. Besides that they want me to pay additional fee because they'll clear it from custom themselves.
They basically force me, no other way. I have a 200$ dollar debit card laying there with no use --- thank you amazon!
Why not just let me get the 10 bucks shipping and let me use cash to clear it from customs myself. Geez.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #9,020 of 9,815
Quote:
Israel.
30 days shipping costs 10$, from US to Israel afaik. They charge 50 bucks for 4 day shipping, which I cannot afford nor want. Besides that they want me to pay additional fee because they'll clear it from custom themselves.
They basically force me, no other way. I have a 200$ dollar debit card laying there with no use --- thank you amazon!
Why not just let me get the 10 bucks shipping and let me use cash to clear it from customs myself. Geez.

$10 seems pretty low to ship to Israel from the US, from my experience. I think it cost a minimum of around $25, and that was using USPS. Amazon ships using UPS, for the most part. UPS generally requires customs to be paid in advance, otherwise it causes a hassle on their end to get the item delivered. If you contact amazon customer service, they may allow you to use a split payment method using the prepaid and another card to pay off the remaining. They have some of the best service I've seen. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #9,021 of 9,815
$10 seems pretty low to ship to Israel from the US, from my experience. I think it cost a minimum of around $25, and that was using USPS. Amazon ships using UPS, for the most part. UPS generally requires customs to be paid in advance, otherwise it causes a hassle on their end to get the item delivered. If you contact amazon customer service, they may allow you to use a split payment method using the prepaid and another card to pay off the remaining. They have some of the best service I've seen. 

Even if its 25, I do not want their 4 day shipping. I want to pay with cash for custom clearing. I don't want to pay additional 100$ for basically nothing..

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #9,022 of 9,815
Quote:

Easy solution - use $150 card to buy $150 gift certificate. Code will be emailed to you in 60 seconds. Use code with different credit card, hence $160 item is $10 after gift card, and $10 charge goes to your other card. Easy as pie.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #9,023 of 9,815
I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I noticed this today (23 min AFTER I ordered last night).

The Creative Aurvana Live is on sale at their site (fullfilled through amazon) for $59.99.

I sent amazon an email asking them to reimburse me the difference between what it was selling for and $59.99. Here's to hoping they do that :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back