The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #8,761 of 9,815
I have the HD 600's and they do sound very similar to the 555's.
I'm powering mine with an Asgard and the only really noticeable difference is the extension and soundstage.  Detail and everything else is only a hair better.

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #8,762 of 9,815
Quote:

Indeed! But my point being, I think the Q701 and the HD600 are closer in terms of price performance ratio. On same days I'd even prefer the Q701 to the HD600. 

I guess I'll keep an eye out for deals on the Q701 from now on.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #8,764 of 9,815
Amazon sent me a notification with an updated price on the Sennheiser HD 650s: now they are being sold at 325 € (around 420 American dollars). It is the lowest price I've ever seen online by an italian reseller... Should I pull the trigger? :atsmile:

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #8,765 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon sent me a notification with an updated price on the Sennheiser HD 650s: now they are being sold at 325 € (around 420 American dollars). It is the lowest price I've ever seen online by an italian reseller... Should I pull the trigger?
atsmile.gif

About a month ago, they were being sold by Amazon.fr at 235 euro. That doesn't seem a very good deal to me...

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #8,766 of 9,815
Yup, I've discovered it a few minutes ago (on an italian audiophile forum) and I almost started crying. :D
Anyway I can't seem to find a lower price in Europe at least from authorized/known resellers. Thanks man, guess I'll have to wait a little more before I'll get the chance to make them mine. :xf_eek:

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #8,767 of 9,815
Quote:
Yup, I've discovered it a few minutes ago (on an italian audiophile forum) and I almost started crying.
biggrin.gif

Anyway I can't seem to find a lower price in Europe at least from authorized/known resellers. Thanks man, guess I'll have to wait a little more before I'll get the chance to make them mine.
redface.gif

Yes, the best option is to keep a close eye over them in the various european Amazon sites, and only buy them when they get to a good price. Their price are constantly going up and down. You can even use a monitor site like camelcamelcamel, that you can configure to warn you by email when they lower to certain a desired price! And let's stop with the offtopic, as this is a deals thread...

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #8,768 of 9,815
The French Amazon seems to be having the lowest prices on HD650's, you might want to check there and wait until the price dips lower again. Shipping probably shouldn't be too expensive since you're also in the EU.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #8,769 of 9,815
The $30 (likely price mistake) SRH750DJ just arrived, and I'm blown away. Out of the box, there is excellent accuracy in the music I've listened to (thus far, some grimy hip-hop and some avant garde metal - not death) and the bass is super, super refined. Nice and punchy.

All in all, I think the seller did the mature thing. They fulfilled, as best I can tell, the orders of their stock, and are cancelling the people who backordered, which is probably the most we should expect on a price mistake and, provided everybody else gets theirs, I don't think anybody should leave them bad feedback.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #8,771 of 9,815
Jan 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #8,772 of 9,815
Quote:
The $30 (likely price mistake) SRH750DJ just arrived, and I'm blown away. Out of the box, there is excellent accuracy in the music I've listened to (thus far, some grimy hip-hop and some avant garde metal - not death) and the bass is super, super refined. Nice and punchy.

All in all, I think the seller did the mature thing. They fulfilled, as best I can tell, the orders of their stock, and are cancelling the people who backordered, which is probably the most we should expect on a price mistake and, provided everybody else gets theirs, I don't think anybody should leave them bad feedback.

Awesome!  Can't wait to get mine now.  I agree, great of them to "man up" and go forward with the mistake price.  They will get a great review once I recieve them.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #8,773 of 9,815
Quote:

Yeah, I jump the gun when I said that, I thought they was gonna cancel everyone's order. 
Now I can't wait to get mine. I was really interested in this headphone 6 months ago but never bought it because of some of the reviews. @ $30 it's a no brainer.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #8,774 of 9,815
Quote:
Yeah, I jump the gun when I said that, I thought they was gonna cancel everyone's order. 
Now I can't wait to get mine. I was really interested in this headphone 6 months ago but never bought it because of some of the reviews. @ $30 it's a no brainer.

It's only been about an hour or so of listening but it's gotta be the best $30 I've spent on headphones. Possible build quality issues and I need the pads to loosen up a little, but I have no complaints with the sound.

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #8,775 of 9,815
Quote:
It's only been about an hour or so of listening but it's gotta be the best $30 I've spent on headphones. Possible build quality issues and I need the pads to loosen up a little, but I have no complaints with the sound.

How's the build?? This review is what stopped me from (buying) paying retail for these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A125G9D46CBK6L/ref=cm_pdp_rev_title_1?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R2HKK2TFKH40MW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back