The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 5, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #7,936 of 9,815
Quote:
I'm not certain if this is a good price as I haven't seen these come up in this thread before, but Audio Advisor has demo HE-6's for $899.91 and free shipping. 

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1HMHE6

They say their demo cans come with the original manufacturer warranty and fall into one of the following categories:

1. Photo samples we have used in our catalog photo shoots.
  2. Gear that we have auditioned in our own listening rooms.
  3. And products that have been returned by customers because they do not like the finish, size, shape, sound, etc.

That is an awesome deal; it's even less than I paid for a used pair.  They were at $1143 without any extra discounts just yesterday, so I'd strongly recommend calling them to check on the exact condition of the specific pair.  Their customer service has been pretty friendly in the past, and I'm sure you could find someone who'd be able to give you the rundown.

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #7,938 of 9,815
Sony MDR SA1000
Reg: 199.99 Sale: 70.89 Sold be The FactoryDepot via. Amazon

Lowest I've ever seen. Dont know whether to pick up one, since they're maybe, the last few of the model

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-SA1000-DJ-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0007N55L4/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354730029&sr=1-4&keywords=sony+mdr+sa5000

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #7,939 of 9,815
Man the price for the M50s do go up and down a lot on amazon.  I've been undecided for a few months so finally went for it, they are currently at $104.41.  According to camelcamel its one of the lowest prices they've been.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #7,940 of 9,815
Quote:
  I've been undecided for a few months so finally went for it, they are currently at $104.41.  According to camelcamel its one of the lowest prices they've been.

Good for you! Great price on a great HP.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #7,944 of 9,815
So... I guess this thread isn't done talking about that AD900 scandal.

Buydig has just requested me to change my negative feedback and in return, they're offering to give me $15.

I assume everyone else here will soon receive the same offer.

I'm taking it. xD

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #7,945 of 9,815
Quote:

Buydig has just requested me to change my negative feedback and in return, they're offering to give me $15.

I'm taking it. xD

That's just unethical (not your part, the fact that they're offering it). Are they allowed to do something like that?

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #7,946 of 9,815
Quote:

I'm taking it. xD

There's no scandal. They accidentally listed the wrong price. They cancelled some orders. This is common practice.

The conspiracy theories posted here have no basis in reality.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #7,947 of 9,815
I dunno TwinQY. Seems that's the first I have heard of a company trying a move like that. The thing is, if they would have done something like that when I first contacted them, I would have never left negative feedback to begin with...... So is it ethical to try to fix it? I dunno but it certainly is a bit late to realize they should fix it.

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #7,949 of 9,815
Quote:
I dunno TwinQY. Seems that's the first I have heard of a company trying a move like that. The thing is, if they would have done something like that when I first contacted them, I would have never left negative feedback to begin with...... So is it ethical to try to fix it? I dunno but it certainly is a bit late to realize they should fix it.

To pay people off (essentially that's how I understand it, unless something's being left out) to take back what admittedly deserved negative feedback...doesn't sound ethical at all. There's a term we use to describe paying off others in order to change their public opinion, now I just have to remember what it's called...

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #7,950 of 9,815
Quote:

I'm taking it. xD

I believe that's against eBay's TOS (offering a bribe in exchange for feedback). I'd report them to eBay. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back