The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 2, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #7,876 of 9,815
 here's the email they sent me, lower right hand corner  states the exclusions.

Interesting, because I went through the entire process and added the Blackfriday code and it worked so not sure what to tell you. I tried it with the 990/32 as well and ran into no problems. Maybe it was a glitch but it definitely was working. Now makes me realize I should have pulled the trigger on at least the DT990/32 that everyone has over priced IMO

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #7,877 of 9,815
Posted this on the portable deals as well.

TDK BA-200 Dual Balanced Armature In Ear Headphone
$135 (Was $199 a few months ago, and $150 a few weeks ago)

These are excellent earphones that compare favorably to earphones twice their price and more.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OEN3EM/ref=ox_ya_os_product
ir

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #7,878 of 9,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember once prepaying for a set of Michelin tires for my SUV which were on sale. I prepaid because the store had to order in the tires. I left with the receipt and a few days later a clerk from the store called saying they couldn't sell me the tires because they had been discontinued. .. I left the store in a huff and made a bee line to the Canadian Better Business Bureau and told them my story and showed them my receipt. After getting a statement from me plus photo copying the receipt they sent me home telling me they would look further into it. A few days later I got a call from the store telling me to come down and pick up my new tires. You should have seen how pissed off the store manager was when I got there.

An interesting aspects to this story:

I am amazed at how many business owners have no clue about how to run a business.   Companies like Dish Network, DirecTV, Verizon or AT&T budget up to $500 in "customer acquisition costs".   That's when they give you free receivers or smartphones in order to sign a 2 year contract.  It's the "give away the razor for free, and sell them razors for a lifetime" concept.  So, spending a little money to get a customer is part of business (that is what advertising does). 

Also, whenever you have an unhappy customer, they tell other people and that loses them more sales.  I'll bet none of DigitalFreak's friends or relatives ever bought tires there.

NOW, imagine if the tire store manager had said "Well, we're going to lose money on the deal, but we gave you our word and we'll honor it".   When your Michelins wear out, you're going to go back there and buy more tires, and the story about them honoring their word has the opposite effect of the bad story - it would make your friends and relative more likely to buy tires there.

In the end, the store lost far more than the cost of 4 Michelins by making trouble for their customer, and they would have gained far more than the cost of 4 Michelins by honoring the price.

In my case, my local tire store has one of the best customer service reps of any store - for example, they'll stay late to help stranded travelers.  I'm on my third set of tires bought there...

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #7,880 of 9,815
Amazon still has the ATH-M50 for $110 with free shipping (use a Discover Card to get free one-day shipping).

Camelizer says the lowest ever price was $104.51 about a month ago, and the difference is trivial.

Note that mid-to-late December prices on headphones are usually very high, as people look for last minute presents.

So, if you are waiting for a deal on the ATH-M50, then I suggest you use the link on the upper right that gives a small percentage to this site.   Do it today, because as noted in this thread, Amazon prices can change from minute to minute!

(I've actually never heard these, but the summary of all the reviews is that they are good at everything, while not being excellent at anything, not that you would expect that for $100

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #7,881 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon still has the ATH-M50 for $110 with free shipping (use a Discover Card to get free one-day shipping).

Camelizer says the lowest ever price was $104.51 about a month ago, and the difference is trivial.

Note that mid-to-late December prices on headphones are usually very high, as people look for last minute presents.

So, if you are waiting for a deal on the ATH-M50, then I suggest you use the link on the upper right that gives a small percentage to this site.   Do it today, because as noted in this thread, Amazon prices can change from minute to minute!

(I've actually never heard these, but the summary of all the reviews is that they are good at everything, while not being excellent at anything, not that you would expect that for $100

The lowest price was $99 (or was it $80?) from B&H during black friday.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #7,883 of 9,815
Dec 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #7,886 of 9,815
Ho hum, not a very great black Friday week. Let's see Heir Audio had the 4A custom on sale at 40% off, Sennheiser had a coupon code which put the HD650 at 340 plus they threw in a 50 dollar iTunes card, then there was the the Klipsch X10 on sale for 89 bones. Only three deals really worth mentioning for black Friday not exactly a banner black Friday was it?

I so wish I could have gotten in on the HD 650 deal. For anyone out there who may be having second thoughts about their HD 650 purchase PM me. I'll gladly take them off your hands at the exact same price you paid for them plus shipping to Canada.

Some poor soul is selling theirs from black Friday weekend already in the used headphones section here. 375, but You may be able to negotiate that. Those are probably gonna go quick...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638603/sennheiser-hd-650-new-in-box

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #7,889 of 9,815
I'm not seeing it.  Where are you located?

If in the US, just google amazon phiaton ms400 carbon fiber headphones. On the amazon page for these headphones there will be a link to the Lightening Deals on the right of the page. the $139 will come up.

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #7,890 of 9,815
Phiaton MS400 $139.99 on Amazon lightning deals now-always wanted one of these, look cool, some good reviews, over purchased at present but seems like a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back