The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #7,861 of 9,815
Quote:
Went to check out the new Sony XB line at best buy to see if they had any sells and to hear if they are good replacements to the fabled xb500's of lore... Two things, no sales and worst headphones I've tried in a long long time. I'm talk'n Skull Candy bad. The only bright spot was the MDR-V55. The new Xb600 trash, the MDRX10 junk. I thought about writing a smallish review on all three plus some of the others they had on display but its not worth it. Now the V55 on the other hand, total surprise. Amazon has them for $69 right now and I seriously will have to search long and wide to find a better sounding pair for the money. Small light weight comfy solid sound from top to bottom and for less than $100. Who ever was in charge of "fixing" the XB line so they would be more popular to the masses deserves to put in headphone exile and never be allowed to touch another headphone for the rest of their lives. And you made them more expensive!?! Ugh... Pathetic

Motion seconded. They gave me flashbacks to another, big bass, stylized, over priced headphone whos name shall remain anonymous....
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #7,862 of 9,815
Ho hum, not a very great black Friday week. Let's see Heir Audio had the 4A custom on sale at 40% off, Sennheiser had a coupon code which put the HD650 at 340 plus they threw in a 50 dollar iTunes card, then there was the the Klipsch X10 on sale for 89 bones. Only three deals really worth mentioning for black Friday not exactly a banner black Friday was it?

I so wish I could have gotten in on the HD 650 deal. For anyone out there who may be having second thoughts about their HD 650 purchase PM me. I'll gladly take them off your hands at the exact same price you paid for them plus shipping to Canada.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7,863 of 9,815
Ho hum, not a very great black Friday week. Let's see Heir Audio had the 4A custom on sale at 40% off, Sennheiser had a coupon code which put the HD650 at 340 plus they threw in a 50 dollar iTunes card, then there was the the Klipsch X10 on sale for 89 bones. Only three deals really worth mentioning for black Friday not exactly a banner black Friday was it?

Well we all got to barrage BuyDig with negative feedback.... that was worth it wasn't it? :D

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #7,864 of 9,815
Quote:
Well we all got to barrage BuyDig with negative feedback.... that was worth it wasn't it?
biggrin.gif

I'm still shocked they would pull such a boner mistake on black Friday of all days. I bet someone in BuyDig got a good tongue lashing from the boss for such an idiotic mistake. I'm also surprised eBay didn't get more involved in the situation. Technically, once money has changed hands the deal has been finalized.

I remember once prepaying for a set of Michelin tires for my SUV which were on sale. I prepaid because the store had to order in the tires. I left with the receipt and a few days later a clerk from the store called saying they couldn't sell me the tires because they had been discontinued. I thought the story was rather odd so I fired a email to Michelin with the tires model number asking if the tires had been discontinued or were low in stock. Michelin emailed me back saying the tires were still available and that stock was not low. I walked into the store showed the clerk the email and asked what the big idea was. The clerk went beat red with embarrassment at being caught in a lie and told me to wait until he got the store manager. Long story short, the store had screwed up on the price listing in their flyer and the manager said he couldn't sell me the tires for such a low price. I told him I had already paid and I wanted my tires as fast as possible. He said he wouldn't sell me the tires but instead would either refund me or issue me a in store credit. I left the store in a huff and made a bee line to the Canadian Better Business Bureau and told them my story and showed them my receipt. After getting a statement from me plus photo copying the receipt they sent me home telling me they would look further into it. A few days later I got a call from the store telling me to come down and pick up my new tires. You should have seen how pissed off the store manager was when I got there. I can't speak for American law but here in Canada once money has changed hands the seller is obliged, mistake in pricing or not, to deliver the agreed upon goods. Failure to do so can lead to a vendor being fined for breach of contract.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #7,865 of 9,815
Quote:

I so wish I could have gotten in on the HD 650 deal. For anyone out there who may be having second thoughts about their HD 650 purchase PM me. I'll gladly take them off your hands at the exact same price you paid for them plus shipping to Canada.

It wasn't that great, but the best deal I found was on Soundearphones.com. They had 30% off of almost every headphone they had in stock. Plus free overnight shipping and a 30 day return policy on most orders was awesome. Outside of that though not much. Amazon had the V-Moda LP's for $76 but lets be frank, they weren't worth that or the regular price IMO.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #7,867 of 9,815
Quote:

It wasn't that great, but the best deal I found was on Soundearphones.com. They had 30% off of almost every headphone they had in stock. Plus free overnight shipping and a 30 day return policy on most orders was awesome. Outside of that though not much. Amazon had the V-Moda LP's for $76 but lets be frank, they weren't worth that or the regular price IMO.

they had 25% off of giftcards and only a select few items were 30% off. giftcards could not be stacked up together or used with the items that were 30% off.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #7,869 of 9,815
@ DigitalFreak good story on the tires. How I wish I could march into a place to get that kind of action taken. We have to sue people...... fun.

I did draft a letter (I have some very basic legal experience) to Nike once and ended up getting a check from them for $250 after getting screwed around for about 6 months everyone all the way up to corporate on some shoes. I know the feeling of gratification :D

I'm still shocked they would pull such a boner mistake on black Friday of all days. I bet someone in BuyDig got a good tongue lashing from the boss for such an idiotic mistake.

Unfortunately something like that is not a mistake. This is the thing. I have known about BuyDig for a looooong time. I have NEVER seen an error like that with them and the fact they posted it 3 times on ebay and 2 times on their website tells me it was a publicity stunt.

Think about how many people rushed to the Buydig Site to find those to see "sold out" and then browsed around for "other deals" they may have. You gotta realize once that deal hits "Slick Deals" they will get thousands of visitors almost instantly each time that deal goes back up. They kept posting them to get the floods of people in to make hits on their site. If I felt it was a mistake I wouldn't have left the negative feedback.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #7,870 of 9,815
Has anyone received their money back from the ATH-AD900 from buydig?  I got a refund for the one I bought from their website (for me friend who's overseas).  But I haven't received any refund for the one I bought through ebay. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #7,872 of 9,815
Quote:
^^earphonesolutions had 30% off, but excluded Grado, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Klipsch and the all mighty Beats
biggrin.gif

That's not accurate, I was looking and could have gotten a pair of the MMX 300's for like $279 new. Ended up buying on eBay for a lot cheaper so didn't pull the trigger but op was there if I needed. Its a good company either way 

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #7,874 of 9,815
Quote:

That's not accurate, I was looking and could have gotten a pair of the MMX 300's for like $279 new. Ended up buying on eBay for a lot cheaper so didn't pull the trigger but op was there if I needed. Its a good company either way 

here's the email they sent me, lower right hand corner  states the exclusions.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #7,875 of 9,815
earphone solution coupon is useless, well unless you interest in westone, denon and shure only, but even if you want to buy  them, their listing price is so high, even if you use the coupon to mark down 20%-30%, one can always find a better deal on amazon and other online sites. they don't do the price matching too. my conversation with them did not go well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back