The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #7,683 of 9,815
Quote:

I think you can safely relax. I have heard at least the 598 and the 650's kill them! I can't speak to the others personally, but it was my choice after more than a month of research, and now they have arrived, I don't have any reservations. I would like the HE400's as they are said to be of comparable quality for sound, but emphasize some other parts of the music and are more exciting, which I'd like to try for reference. I tried a number of ~1000 headphones and I still overall preferred the 650.

Thanks, Feels better! 48 more hours and I should have them!! woohoo.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #7,684 of 9,815
Looks like Amazon has the Audiofly AF78's coming up for a lightning deal.  Shows MSRP @ 210 so would assume these will be 80 - 120.  Only found a few reviews on here but they were slightly positive.  I wonder how these compare to the klipsch x10s that were like 90 a few days ago?

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #7,685 of 9,815
Quote:
HD650 is back to $442 on Amazon. They really have been screwing with my head !!! Few days ago was around this price + $50 gift card... then JUMPED to $475 and more...

I had no idea if it was coming down again but I was obsessively refreshing... and now! Who knows how many seconds it will last... *sigh*

In for 1 !!!

I think Amazon will refund you the difference within 30 days if the price drops again so keep watching it. I'm trying to decide between those, the HE400, and DT880. The DT880 is only like $240 and I'm wondering if the extra $160-200+ is really worth it (I doubt it?). One thing that really attracts me to the DT880 is the one time I tried the DT770 Pro, it was like God-tier comfortable.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #7,686 of 9,815
Quote:
Starting to regret making that impulsive buy on the sennheiserusa site for the HD650.
Talked myself into it saying that I could make them into nice gifts, but on a second thought most family/friends wouldn't appreciate the amping requirements.

I guess i'll see how I feel about it when it arrives.

They'd make a great gift, as there's not a single special amping requirement.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #7,688 of 9,815
Quote:
Looks like Amazon has the Audiofly AF78's coming up for a lightning deal.  Shows MSRP @ 210 so would assume these will be 80 - 120.  Only found a few reviews on here but they were slightly positive.  I wonder how these compare to the klipsch x10s that were like 90 a few days ago?

Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to this. Thanks so much!
Hpoefully it will go to the $100 mark and I'll purchase for sure!

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #7,689 of 9,815
Quote:

I think Amazon will refund you the difference within 30 days if the price drops again so keep watching it. I'm trying to decide between those, the HE400, and DT880. The DT880 is only like $240 and I'm wondering if the extra $160-200+ is really worth it (I doubt it?). One thing that really attracts me to the DT880 is the one time I tried the DT880 Pro, it was like God-tier comfortable.

Amazon will NOT refund the difference.  If they do they are making an exception.  Their policy reflects the fact that their prices are always changing and because of that, they are unable to refund the difference when it does.  I don't remember where I saw this, but this was asked once before, and an e-mail response was provided by Amazon clarifying their policy on that.

Just an FYI.  If you still are uncertain, you can e-mail them first and make sure.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #7,690 of 9,815
Quote:
Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to this. Thanks so much!
Hpoefully it will go to the $100 mark and I'll purchase for sure!

Can you or anyone comment to how these sound?  Specifically un-amped straight from IP5 or Cowan source...  I was looking to compare the quality of sound & build quality to the X10's as they were likely in the same price point as these.

Nov 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7,691 of 9,815
Quote:

Can you or anyone comment to how these sound?  Specifically un-amped straight from IP5 or Cowan source...  I was looking to compare the quality of sound & build quality to the X10's as they were likely in the same price point as these.

Balanced sounding, not that detailed, really smooth
ericp10 is a user who owns a pair, you could ask him for some impressions
People find them bassy but they aren't THAT bassy, maybe slightly forward bass
Looks great too, great build quality + comfort

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #7,692 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon will NOT refund the difference.  If they do they are making an exception.  Their policy reflects the fact that their prices are always changing and because of that, they are unable to refund the difference when it does.  I don't remember where I saw this, but this was asked once before, and an e-mail response was provided by Amazon clarifying their policy on that.

Just an FYI.  If you still are uncertain, you can e-mail them first and make sure.

Well I've done it a couple times myself (not on headphones) through their web chat support. So perhaps YMMV.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #7,693 of 9,815
TF78 for 120.. on amazon. Meh was hoping for $20 lower.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #7,694 of 9,815
So has anyone gotten their $50 iTunes code emailed from Sennheiser yet?

After doing some research I've decided against selling the code on eBay, as that's pretty much begging for someone to fraud you out of money. Does anybody have any other ideas on where/how to sell the code? I really have no use for it, and I would like to get at least 85-90% of it's value in cash...

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #7,695 of 9,815
Quote:
So has anyone gotten their $50 iTunes code emailed from Sennheiser yet?

After doing some research I've decided against selling the code on eBay, as that's pretty much begging for someone to fraud you out of money. Does anybody have any other ideas on where/how to sell the code? I really have no use for it, and I would like to get at least 85-90% of it's value in cash...

It's been mentioned already, but I'll just remind you that you can get a good ~70% of its value in direct cash from a few websites. Of course, they do this because they will get more money than that out of it, and it's not exactly the 85-90 you were looking for, but it's still a good backup plan. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back