The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #6,814 of 9,815
Quote:
Me too. Ever done business with these guys? Any clue how long it'll take? I sent them a message so if you don't know, i can give you the official decree if you like.

not a clue, first time buying form them, i hope its fast though 
evil_smiley.gif
 that would be great if you could let me know what they say

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #6,815 of 9,815
Quote:
not a clue, first time buying form them, i hope its fast though 
evil_smiley.gif
 that would be great if you could let me know what they say

so i caught them on chat. Guy says the order will be placed in the next few hours. and they cant give out an estimated delivery till then. He says they will send out update emails some time soon. I'm trying to get a ball park estimate out of him.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #6,816 of 9,815
Quote:
so i caught them on chat. Guy says the order will be placed in the next few hours. and they cant give out an estimated delivery till then. He says they will send out update emails some time soon. I'm trying to get a ball park estimate out of him.

I was one of the first 5 people who ordered. If they ship in the order people added themselves then I should be one of the first to get an update.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I get an email.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #6,817 of 9,815
Quote:

I was one of the first 5 people who ordered. If they ship in the order people added themselves then I should be one of the first to get an update.

I'll let everyone know as soon as I get an email.

alright sweet. I checked the faq's it said there was really no definite style for it. Like sometimes it went through the manufacturer, and some times it went through them. What ever was cheapest/fastest. Perhaps they might even ship them as a lump, maybe they worked something out with the mail company...and then again, i could just be an overly anxious/optimistic buyer dying to get his hands on a legitimate amp...

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6,818 of 9,815
Update: guy came back. he said they should have them in their warehouse within 7 business day, and shipped in another. At which point we get tracking info. I'm try to figure out what type of shipping they'll use so i can get a ball park delivery time. But thus far, it's looking like 2 weeks or so. However, assuming they're coming from china, Thanksgiving isn't a holiday, so perhaps they'll ship today. 

update on the update:

so this guy must hate me by now...... anyway he said they ship usps....now to find out what type....this poor manym I've got him working his butt of, 1 o clock in the morning Thanksgiving day...unless he's in india he must hate my guys...

Update on the update of the update:
priority... and i only had to pull a few teeth....

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #6,819 of 9,815
Update: guy came back. he said they should have them in their warehouse within 7 business day, and shipped in another. At which point we get tracking info. I'm try to figure out what type of shipping they'll use so i can get a ball park delivery time. But thus far, it's looking like 2 weeks or so. However, assuming they're coming from china, Thanksgiving isn't a holiday, so perhaps they'll ship today. 

update on the update:

so this guy must hate me by now...... anyway he said they ship usps....now to find out what type....this poor manym I've got him working his butt of, 1 o clock in the morning Thanksgiving day...unless he's in india he must hate my guys...

Kinda sucks they do it that way but at least they don't drop ship.

I would think it's too heavy for USPS First Class. Probably use Flat Rate Priority.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #6,820 of 9,815
Quote:
Kinda sucks they do it that way but at least they don't drop ship.
I would think it's too heavy for USPS First Class. Probably use Flat Rate Priority.

Yes, that is confirmed. SO best case senario. We are looking at 10 business days. Counting today as one (assuming the chinese don't celebrate thanksgiving...you never know) that puts us right around Wednesday...2 weeks from yesterday... man that sounds like forever

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #6,821 of 9,815
I think it's pot luck at this point, I had to fly Newark to Orlando last week, I asked in the Inmotion stores if they had the Westones somewhere in the back for sale. The Newark store did have 1 new Westone 3 and one Westone 2, and I bought the 3 for about $150. The Orlando store only had one "floor model" Westone 4 (though they did seem to have other brands in a box in the back that they kept the Westones in), no box, no accessories, able to bargain for it at about $100. It has been a while since the "deal" was first mentioned, and it probably varies from airport to airport, limited if any supply left, but I'd say nothing to lose by asking in the store if you do have to fly this holiday.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #6,822 of 9,815
Quote:
Some of head fi members posted in this thread that they got Westone4 for real cheap price like 200$+ from InMotion airport store...today I did call Washington DC store and they sell only on MRP that is 449.99%,

The specail offer was only for limited time or I have negotiate for discount price, when I am in store?

Above referred to this post...only in airports, slim pickings but worth asking.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #6,823 of 9,815
Quote:
Yes, that is confirmed. SO best case senario. We are looking at 10 business days. Counting today as one (assuming the chinese don't celebrate thanksgiving...you never know) that puts us right around Wednesday...2 weeks from yesterday... man that sounds like forever

I have a feeling customer service will know you on a first name basis for the next few days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back