The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #6,436 of 9,815
Quote:
There really weren't that many black friday deals last year.... as I recall.

You're jinxing it, shush.

@Black Friday Deals
He didn't mean that 
rolleyes.gif
. You ARE going to come. Heck, invite all your friends!

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #6,437 of 9,815
Nov 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #6,440 of 9,815
What are the chances of another ~$100 sale on the TF10 on Black Friday? Also, which IEM is better for my purposes: TF10 or HF5? Are there others that suit my purposes better? I mostly listen to a variety of classical, with bits of other genres sprinkled in. Thanks in advance.

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #6,442 of 9,815
Quote:
What are the chances of another ~$100 sale on the TF10 on Black Friday? Also, which IEM is better for my purposes: TF10 or HF5? Are there others that suit my purposes better? I mostly listen to a variety of classical, with bits of other genres sprinkled in. Thanks in advance.

There not better be one. I sent back the TF10's as they became defective, and UE said that they can't ship out a replacment as they have now been discontinued. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #6,445 of 9,815
Quote:
What are the chances of another ~$100 sale on the TF10 on Black Friday? Also, which IEM is better for my purposes: TF10 or HF5? Are there others that suit my purposes better? I mostly listen to a variety of classical, with bits of other genres sprinkled in. Thanks in advance.

Doubtful; since Amazon doesnt have any more to sell. However, I've personally taken quite a liking to the HF2/3/5's. Bass is excellently textured, but not ear-shaking or excessive, mids are very engaging and treble isnt rediculously bright, but well detailed.

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #6,446 of 9,815
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro is at $149 on Amazon.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #6,448 of 9,815
Darn, I didn't realize that....
So Etymotics it is? Or are there other IEMS "better" for classical?
Thanks in advance.

Someone in another thread posted about modding Etymotics using Knowles filters to replace the green filters in ER4P. You can apparently decrease or increase the impedance using various color coded filters. I ordered a bunch from mouser for about $2 a piece. Not sure but they may work in other models and brands.

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #6,449 of 9,815
Quote:
Someone in another thread posted about modding Etymotics using Knowles filters to replace the green filters in ER4P. You can apparently decrease or increase the impedance using various color coded filters. I ordered a bunch from mouser for about $2 a piece. Not sure but they may work in other models and brands.

Is this the NRB mod? It sounds interesting, especially since I've heard from some of my friends that Etys need more bass.
Quote:
Either those or Heir 4.Ai are wonderful.

Darn... those are way out of my budget. I was aiming for ~$100, haha. Maybe one day I'll buy the 4.Ai. They look so pretty, and from what I've read, sound amazing... commence wishful thinking
Quote:
Doubtful; since Amazon doesnt have any more to sell. However, I've personally taken quite a liking to the HF2/3/5's. Bass is excellently textured, but not ear-shaking or excessive, mids are very engaging and treble isnt rediculously bright, but well detailed.

Yep, I was taking a look at the HF series, $99 on amazon right now for a pair of HF5. Seems ideal.
In terms of tips, they have the same tips as the ER20, right? I own a pair of those and they seem to fit well in my ear.
I'll wait until black friday to see if there's any good deals. If not, I'll still end up pulling the trigger on them anyways 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back