The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 31, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #6,391 of 9,815
I'm not clear how the Transporter compares to or works with a Squeezebox? (I own one). Do they duplicate functions? (seems like it). Is the Transporter the same with better hardware/DAC etc? Do they work together (the web site sort of hints at this)?

Oct 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6,396 of 9,815
Oct 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #6,397 of 9,815
Quote:
Spend $25 and get $50 worth of gear from the Musician's Friend:

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1707-dallas-fort-worth-citywide/deals/510584-50-to-spend-on-instruments-and-more?cj=true

Example:  (Superlux) PreSonus HD7 Semi-closed Back Studio Headphones $59 - $25 = $34 (Free Shipping). 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/presonus-hd7-semi-closed-back-studio-headphones

... Just got this deal, and the voucher doesn't work.
Contacted their support and this is what I got:

John: Okay, unfortunately it looks like there isn't anything that I can do to make that go through for you. What I would recommend is calling in so our phone representatives can make sure it gets applied to your order. I apologize for the inconvenience.

It looks like I have to call them to use my voucher? Lame.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #6,398 of 9,815
Quote:
How does one become a Logitech VIP?  I am very interested in that Transporter deal but it seems like I'm not a very important person... :frowning2:

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you have to have purchased products from logitech before.

Going by that, I should be a deity in their eyes.  And yet, I somehow feel under-worshipped. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #6,399 of 9,815
Quote:
I'm not clear how the Transporter compares to or works with a Squeezebox? (I own one). Do they duplicate functions? (seems like it). Is the Transporter the same with better hardware/DAC etc? Do they work together (the web site sort of hints at this)?

Transporter was the predecessor to the Squeezebox Touch, sort of.

It supposedly has better hardware/DAC, but when Stereophile tested the Squeezebox Touch, it measured superbly. Personally, I wouldn't spend that much on a Transporter when the Touch is so much cheaper.

BTW, you all know Logitech is discontinuing the entire Squeezebox line, right? Only the tabletop radio will remain and migrate to their new software. Purchase legacy equipment at your own peril.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #6,400 of 9,815
Didn't know they were discontinuing line. Have the Squeezebox touch, have to say I like it, but it is temperamental. It will only play with certain NAS units, so if you have something different (Seagate, in my case, which streams, but the Squeezebox can't see it) you have to find other kludge fixes to get it to work. It is also temperamental in other ways, sometimes recognizes both my computers and streams, sometimes only one or the other. Still, great when it's all systems go. And not very expensive, worth it imo even with all the above problems noted.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #6,403 of 9,815
Quote:
Logitech Transporter SE

through VIP store is now $749

If you use the Stackable coupon for 10% off 2np968vve

You can get this shipped free ( i think US only) for $674.10 which is WELL OVER 50% off

http://email1.logitech.com/ct/4740179:6558486227:m:1:455319400:073257BC848EBBA204BAD1A8B50029E9:r

Do you have another code? It seems that the code could be used only once.... This promotion is really attractive.... But the 10% code...T.T

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #6,405 of 9,815
Quote:
Beyerdynamic is also excluded, I am torn between this deal or waiting for the black friday deal, few years back their black friday deal is 30% off, but last year was only 25% off.

I bet this year is 30%. I was haggling for 25% off earlier this week and they said if they did a higher discount at black friday, there would be no price matching. Obviously. But it makes me think it will be 30%...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back