The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #5,881 of 9,815
Quote:
I know recommendations/reviews are on other threads, but since this is the thread that has me tempted by these particular phones, I figured maybe someone here could compare/recommend. I'm talking about the recent posts on the Philips Citiscape Uptown and the Phiaton MS 400. Both have fairly good reviews, both are significantly marked down (Uptown $60 as noted above, MS400 $99 on earlier post, still seems to be available at NewEgg). I already have the InCase Sonic, a sale in another post. Are either/both of these worth getting? (I also have Senn 600's on the way, also by way of this expensive thread). Just curious what folks thought, the posts are very tempting, though I know I really don't need them.

I liked the feel and comfort of the Uptown better, but sound-wise I prefer the InCase Sonic you already have. The bass is a little imprecise, but the Uptown sounded a bit anemic in comparison for my taste. The JVC HA-S500 sounds better than either, but also isn't as comfortable as either. :-\

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #5,883 of 9,815
Quote:
Still no word on my Uptowns from 1saleaday....

Okay, so it's not just me that's going through this. That's reassuring...sort of.

I'll give them until the 10-business-day mark (October 3rd). If they haven't shipped it out by then...let's just say they're going to lose quite a few customers, myself included.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5,884 of 9,815
Okay, so it's not just me that's going through this. That's reassuring...sort of.

I'll give them until the 10-business-day mark (October 3rd). If they haven't shipped it out by then...let's just say they're going to lose quite a few customers, myself included.

Yeah definitely considering taking it up with them soon. Tomorrow makes a week, I think...so ill contact them by Friday, see what's up. Especially since the concensus is they're at least somewhat trustworthy.

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #5,885 of 9,815
As mentioned before, 1saleaday TAKES ITS TIME to ship products they sell... I've waited a couple of times in excess of 1 month!!! But I always get my products...

Be patient...

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #5,887 of 9,815
The ones we were talking about 12 hours ago have been sold out for a long while and they were New and eligible for Prime. Also if you read the 3-4 comments on the HD650 we were talking about and compare that to the Used model you are referring to you would know that its not the same one (different prices, different seller ratings, NOT fulfilled by amazon, etc).
Quote:

They're used.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #5,888 of 9,815
Quote:
The ones we were talking about 12 hours ago have been sold out for a long while and they were New and eligible for Prime. Also if you read the 3-4 comments on the HD650 we were talking about and compare that to the Used model you are referring to you would know that its not the same one (different prices, different seller ratings, NOT fulfilled by amazon, etc).

Correct

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #5,892 of 9,815

Users who are viewing this thread

Back