The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #4,382 of 9,815
I wasn't trying to flip it, just covering shipping, insurance and Amazon's fees. I digress... 

Getting the intrusion out of the driver is certainly harder with the T1, I'd have to unscrew everything. I'm thinking about using my Dyson to vacuum out the dust or hair or whatever's causing the disturbance. 

Who got the Q701? I can see it went fast. I wish the seller had posted more info, even at that price.

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4,383 of 9,815
I tried to get the q701 but I wavered and it was gone.

If you are just trying to get your money back on the t1 I don't see why you just don't return it. if it broke you will get all your money back.

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4,385 of 9,815
I wish it was me that got the Q701, by the time I clicked the link, they were gone... I've been looking for my upgrade to the M50, still lurking around here for a sweet deal I can't pass up.

And to contribute: I did the mee-what deal a while back, got the R1 and X31, not particularly thrilled about either, didn't even open the X31 after failing to obtain a seal with the R1.

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #4,386 of 9,815
Quote:
If you are just trying to get your money back on the t1 I don't see why you just don't return it. if it broke you will get all your money back.

I've gotten too attached to the sound, I don't want another headphone now! I got word that it would be fixed for free (at least that's how I understood it, that even though it's open box, it is under the warranty, check a couple posts back). I'd rather just get it fixed than have to go get a whole 'nother headphone that I probably won't like as much.

By the way, HD650 for $299 like-new: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00018MSNI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Reputable seller and comes with everything, someone buy it before I do, lol

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #4,387 of 9,815
Quote:
man, thats dissapointing to hear that even the t1's suffer from the rattling sound too. Seems like all beyers are fragile; Its a shame too, I've been eyeing the 1350's :frowning2:

All headphones are susceptible to rattling cause by hairs stuck in the cups. I don't see how that makes them fragile. My Senns get rattles from hairs a lot more often than my Beyers because they are open back. Neither are fragile.

Sennheiser HD 201, new w/ warranty $20 free shipping:

http://prodj.com/senhd201.html

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #4,388 of 9,815
Quote:
My Beyerdynamic T1 seems to have a rattle in the left channel on low bass notes, almost certainly due to a hair in the driver because I hear it when I recline in my chair (it's imperceptible most of the time). I don't want to deal with it (plus I'm in need of funds right now) so I'm going to put them up for $699, so if someone wants essentially a like-new pair for $700 and some shipping to have Beyer take a look at it, let me know. The details are in the Amazon description; of course, feel free to ask away

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0031RD3YY/

I have a 93% rating on Amazon (not 100% only because of a disgruntled buyer who didn't read the description), 14/15 ratings that I have are 5 stars.

Forums can go downhill real fast - especially because of the temptation to profit and ease of using this place to drive demand for products for personal gain. I believe your intention was to flip it. I wish you had longer tenure here because it's hard to see this situation otherwise. Thanks to the poster below bringing this to our attention.

Quote:
You paid $599 and you're selling them for $699? And they're defective...
confused_face_2.gif

They are also not covered by warranty:

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/service/guarantee.html

"If you wish to make a guarantee claim for your product, take it to the retailer from which you purchased it or to another authorised beyerdynamic service partner.  A list of all service partners worldwide can be found on the Internet www.beyerdynamic.com/guarantee. In accordance with the terms of this limited guarantee, beyerdynamic guarantees that this product at the time of initial purchase is free of material and manufacturing defects. This guarantee is valid for two (2) years from the date of purchase of brand-new, unused products by the original end user. As proof of purchase by all means please retain the sales receipt. The date of purchase and the name of the product have to be indicated on the sales receipt. Without this proof, which is checked by beyerdynamic or the relevant beyerdynamic service partner, no claims may be put forward with respect to beyerdynamic based on this limited guarantee"

This is why I won't buy headphones unless they are from an authorized dealer...

Jul 10, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #4,391 of 9,815
Quote:
They're backordered right now, but RMC will quote you $850 brand new all day long. At the moment I'm trying to get B&H to match it. :D

This!

And BTW, the Signature Pros are just "delightful"!!! (never thought I'd use that word to describe headphones! :p)

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #4,394 of 9,815

Users who are viewing this thread

Back