The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Feb 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #2,237 of 9,815
Quick question:
Anyone ever hear of an online store called Camovere?  Seems to be UK and Chinese?  Prices seem way way too low to be legit, but I couldn't find any mention of them in the forums or any reviews of them online.  Figured it would be worth asking as I couldn't have been the only one to run across this and be tempted.
http://camover.co.uk/

And anyone seen any decent deals on the Phaiton MS400 or Beyerdynamic MMX 300?  (Did a shopping search on the MS400 which is where Camover popped up)

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #2,238 of 9,815
^ wow! low prices!......hmm?? As far as I know, there are No Fakes/Replicas of these headphones(Denon D7000, Sennheiser HD 650,etc.)

and if  it's Paypaled, aren't we covered?.......I might have to take one for the team again...
wink_face.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #2,239 of 9,815

Quote:
Quick question:
Anyone ever hear of an online store called Camovere?  Seems to be UK and Chinese?  Prices seem way way too low to be legit, but I couldn't find any mention of them in the forums or any reviews of them online.  Figured it would be worth asking as I couldn't have been the only one to run across this and be tempted.

And anyone seen any decent deals on the Phaiton MS400 or Beyerdynamic MMX 300?  (Did a shopping search on the MS400 which is where Camover popped up)

For a site that doesn't even spell its own name right - is it Camovere (as in its logo), or Camover (as in the URL) - I would be very cautious. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2,240 of 9,815
Quick question:

They want $258 for D7000s? Yeah, that's pretty shady.

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,241 of 9,815
Guys, you might want to scan your computers if you don't use NoScript and went on that webpage.. That camover site has a hidden javascript in it "js.users.51.la", and googling it seems to show it is often used in scamming schemes (source: http://blog.dynamoo.com/2008/06/one-to-watch-jsusers51la.html). So, pay attention.
If nothing else, I'd at least take that as a clear sign to not even consider giving them any money-related info - it really smells way too fishy to be anything remotely legit.

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2,242 of 9,815
If they started making fake higher end headphones, amps, and dacs were in a whole lot of trouble! I always buy from authorized dealers when buying new, but I definitely don't mine buying used gear on HeadFi. The problem is lots of people will buy fakes and then sell them used....

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2,245 of 9,815
And to finish with Comover(e)...check the bottom of the site where it shows McAffee Secure, Verisign Secure, and Paypal Verified....In a legitimate site, these would be links to their respective sites to view the Vendors Certificate of Authenticity on those sites....they just seem to be images and not links...compare it to a legitimate site like:

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #2,246 of 9,815
It's a scam site. Their orders are fulfilled by ESC International Trade Co. Ltd.; a quick Google search on that name should confirm that you'll never get any products you purchase from that website. Also a dead giveaway: their contact page refuses to give you a telephone number unless you place an order.

Quote:
Quick question:

Feb 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #2,248 of 9,815
No..I'm talking about the Sennheiser HD 650. It's a step above either Shure offering.
Edit: Why on earth would you get a closed headphone for jazz?

I currently have Sennheiser HD555 with foam mods. I love them and they are great for jazz but they simply leak too much. The reason I am looking for closed headphones is because I am moving into a dorm and don't want to disturb my roommate as I am fairly nocturnal.

thus, my search for closed headphones that are as good or better than my HD555s for jazz and don't leak a lot.

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #2,249 of 9,815
I currently have Sennheiser HD555 with foam mods. I love them and they are great for jazz but they simply leak too much. The reason I am looking for closed headphones is because I am moving into a dorm and don't want to disturb my roommate as I am fairly nocturnal.
thus, my search for closed headphones that are as good or better than my HD555s for jazz and don't leak a lot.

What about some high end ultrasones? ;P
I believe the Edition 8 is considered by many to be the ultimate closed can, also they recently came out with the signature pro which from many observations seems even slightly better than the ED8 and is cheaper. Though, it depends on your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back