The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Feb 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #2,179 of 9,815
It IS. They just break the seal of the box. Trust me. I have no doubt everything inside is 100% untouched. Having owned the new and open boxed D7000s, the tape that holds the cups to the headband is a good sign too.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #2,183 of 9,815

Quote:
It IS. They just break the seal of the box. Trust me. I have no doubt everything inside is 100% untouched. Having owned the new and open boxed D7000s, the tape that holds the cups to the headband is a good sign too.

+1. This was my experience too.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,184 of 9,815

Quote:

Yup, i got the D7000 from them and it looked brand new. And for $585 that's just a killer deal.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2,185 of 9,815
Eh...I'm pretty sure they don't deliberately break the seal of the D7000 boxes just to mark down the price. More like people who bought the headphone and returned it within 30 days....

Have you bought the NEW in Open Box D7000s? I don't think so.

If they were used and returned, the D7000s wouldn't have the specialized tape seal holding the cups to the headband, as well as the perfectly placed cable (which if you had Denons would know is VERY hard to make it look like it came fresh out the box).

This is a loophole in business in order to move product. They are still getting their profit, but aren't restricted by the suggested price.

Like Grado, who doesn't condone sellers sell their headphones at anything less than MSRP. By 'opening' the product, they can effectively mark it down.

The NEW (as if that doesn't give it away) in Open Box Denons, are just that. NEW with the box's seal broken.

Nothing about them showed signs of use (I had previously owned BRAND NEW D7000s).

Paranoia can only get you so far. In the case of Electronics-Expo, they are telling the truth. I highly doubt there'd be many D7000s that were opened without use and returned. I bet as soon as someone places an order for the new in open box Denons, someone grabs a sealed D7000, breaks the seal, and ships the product.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #2,186 of 9,815

Quote:
Have you bought the NEW in Open Box D7000s? I don't think so.
If they were used and returned, the D7000s wouldn't have the specialized tape seal holding the cups to the headband, as well as the perfectly placed cable (which if you had Denons would know is VERY hard to make it look like it came fresh out the box).
This is a loophole in business in order to move product. They are still getting their profit, but aren't restricted by the suggested price.
Like Grado, who doesn't condone sellers sell their headphones at anything less than MSRP. By 'opening' the product, they can effectively mark it down.
The NEW (as if that doesn't give it away) in Open Box Denons, are just that. NEW with the box's seal broken.
Nothing about them showed signs of use (I had previously owned BRAND NEW D7000s).
Paranoia can only get you so far. In the case of Electronics-Expo, they are telling the truth. I highly doubt there'd be many D7000s that were opened without use and returned. I bet as soon as someone places an order for the new in open box Denons, someone grabs a sealed D7000, breaks the seal, and ships the product.

I looked for any indication my D7000s had been handled before and could find none. Not only was the cable perfectly placed, the twist tie was in perfect condition, all the light tissue paper was perfectly placed outside the box and the tape was still in place on the right and left hinges. If someone had these on their head previously, they were a very small person not to mention I think it would be next to impossible to get the clear plastic back on once it's off. And yes, they are a great deal at $585.

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2,187 of 9,815
Exactly. The D7000 is literally quite impossible to tamper with and not be obvious. Once it has been removed from the Box, only god or Denon themselves would be able to put the cable back in perfect position. Not counting all the other small things that would show signs of use.

That'd be quite a lot of returned D7000s that were untampered with... all to the same dealer...

What are the odds?

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #2,189 of 9,815
I would think Grado wouldn't like that very much. They might be considerably stricter in how dealers sell their product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back