The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #1,771 of 9,815
I've had no problems with Electronics Expo.  For something like that though, I would consider calling them and talking to a real person if at all possible.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #1,772 of 9,815
Just wanna drop in and say I ordered the D7000 "New In Box" from E-E for $585 through Amazon. My old D7000 was from them, so I expect them to arrive in good shape.

I also bought the HD598 from them in the past (for $163 new), and had zero issues. Nothing but good experiences from Electronics Expo here.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #1,773 of 9,815

So you rebought the D7000 eh? Can't say I haven't been tempted.

I did have a bad experience with them though. Calling my bank and taking 3 days to process my order just because my Shipping and Billing were different...on a 40 dollar order. Sure I can understand, but their rep was super rude, too.

Quote:
Just wanna drop in and say I ordered the D7000 "New In Box" from E-E for $585 through Amazon. My old D7000 was from them, so I expect them to arrive in good shape.

I also bought the HD598 from them in the past (for $163 new), and had zero issues. Nothing but good experiences from Electronics Expo here.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #1,774 of 9,815

Quote:
So you rebought the D7000 eh? Can't say I haven't been tempted.

I did have a bad experience with them though. Calling my bank and taking 3 days to process my order just because my Shipping and Billing were different...on a 40 dollar order. Sure I can understand, but their rep was super rude, too.

just so you know if that price is listed you can get JR to match the price. They done that for me against them when I bout the AT1000x for 580.00

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #1,779 of 9,815
I was able to get 20% off from a local authorized dealer just before the holidays, after showing him an authorized web dealers site who also had them for 20% off at the time. (RS1i for $556.00) Of course I did have to pay the 6% sales tax, but it was worth not having to wait. Patience is not a virtue I possess when it comes to this stuff!

Quote:
And they're an authorized dealer...at least they are today! Thought authorized dealers weren't allowed to give discounts.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,782 of 9,815
When you highlight the text it is certainly easier to determine what exactly you are replying to.

I can see what you meant, but I believe the authorized dealers can discount if they want to but are just not allowed to advertise those discounts, which Audiolab is not doing.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,784 of 9,815

Quote:
I agree with you, but I have been told by two different authorized dealers that if they ever sell below MSRP (even without advertisement) Grado would blacklist them.   

That could very well be true, or they could also be telling you some lame @$$ story to get out of offering a discount. Then again as long as they aren't advertising the fact that they are giving you a bigger discount, I don't see any issue of this. I haggle with people all the time. I've been asked not to advertise some of the prices I've acquired my gear for though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back