The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #1,636 of 9,815

Quote:
I've been looking for a circumaural headphone and the v-80 appears to be supra-aural. But that looks like it might be a heck of a deal. Does anyone know off hand what brick and mortar stores might carry the m/v80s so I can see what they're like on the ears?

They carry the v-80 and m-80 at Radioshack. There is a $20 off coupon you can use on the M-80 and probably the V-80. If you want the V-80, they were on sale there for $99.99 and might still be.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,637 of 9,815

$99.99? Are you missing a digit? If not, I might have to head there right now.
Quote:
They carry the v-80 and m-80 at Radioshack. There is a $20 off coupon you can use on the M-80 and probably the V-80. If you want the V-80, they were on sale there for $99.99 and might still be.

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #1,642 of 9,815

Sennheiser HD598 for $140? Hmmmmmm

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #1,644 of 9,815
Stopped at 2 Radio Shacks. The M80 is there for $199. Neither of them had demos out or was willing to open one to demo.

The one store was rude enough I was considering buying a pair, opening it in the store, listening for a while, then returning them. :p

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #1,645 of 9,815
Stopped at 2 Radio Shacks. The M80 is there for $199. Neither of them had demos out or was willing to open one to demo.

The one store was rude enough I was considering buying a pair, opening it in the store, listening for a while, then returning them. :p

I was thinking of doing that so I can try them out. If I do purchase them, can I just return them within 30 days even if there's nothing wrong with them and I just want to return them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #1,646 of 9,815
Sorry, but it's hard to let someone demo when you're unsure whether they will buy it or not. Believe me, it is more annoying for the vendor to open and then repack, not to mention waste his time with a customer, who is just trying out the headphone to get an idea... (and possibly just go buy it online afterwards). Trust me, when a customer comes in asking to try something like he500's or HD650's to then say "thanks, I'll think about it"; it does piss you off.

Quote:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 30, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,647 of 9,815
It's a little frustrating, but it's never bothered me and I've worked retail for years. It's people that take advantage of the 'demo' in store that bug me. 

You shouldn't really see any time with a customer as 'a waste' though...

Quote:
Sorry, but it's hard to let someone demo when you're unsure whether they will buy it or not. Believe me, it is more annoying for the vendor to open and then repack, not to mention waste his time with a customer, who is just trying out the headphone to get an idea... (and possibly just go buy it online afterwards). Trust me, when a customer comes in asking to try something like he500's or HD650's to then say "thanks, I'll think about it"; it does piss you off.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #1,648 of 9,815

Quote:
It's a little frustrating, but it's never bothered me and I've worked retail for years. It's people that take advantage of the 'demo' in store that bug me. 

You shouldn't really see any time with a customer as 'a waste' though...

Quoted for truth.

I'll pay more to purchase from a retailer that goes above and beyond for me. It's not always about the lowest price. Even if I did end up buying the headphones somewhere else, I need to buy ear tips for my IEMs, and I have a phone upgrade coming up, and who knows what else. 

Good customer service is one of the things that can keep people shopping at Brick & Mortars.

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #1,649 of 9,815
I really feel good whenever someone tells me I really helped them even if they don't buy. Sure I didn't get a sale, but they'll come back...

Quote:
Quoted for truth.

I'll pay more to purchase from a retailer that goes above and beyond for me. It's not always about the lowest price. Even if I did end up buying the headphones somewhere else, I need to buy ear tips for my IEMs, and I have a phone upgrade coming up, and who knows what else. 

Good customer service is one of the things that can keep people shopping at Brick & Mortars.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #1,650 of 9,815
i got my ultrasone pro 750 for 149 pound brand new and unused which to be honest is a frickin steal considering they are going for 240 pound on amazon.

so happy with them they sound great and at that price you really cant complain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back