The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 19, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #766 of 9,815
Don't know if this has been posted but: Sony Z1000 for $313 at TheNerds.net

http://www.thenerds.net/SONY.Sony_Studio_Monitor_MDR_Z1000_Headphone_Stereo_Black_Mini_phone.MDRZ1000.html?affid=3

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #767 of 9,815
That's a killer deal.   great headphones.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #769 of 9,815
I've purchased my Sony SCD-XA5400es ($806) from them via eBay. I will buy from them again. Factory sealed brand new. Good seller IMO.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #770 of 9,815

Quote:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TheNerds_net

I have never seen such bad reviews for a website (thats not an outright scam) as thenerds.net.

Too good to be true.

Wow, things must have changed.  I bought a few things from them in the past w/ no problems though it was probably more than 5 years ago.  I used to shop them w/ the likes of Newegg.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #771 of 9,815
If I was going to use the Nerds after reading that I would try to go through eBay/PayPal or at least use a credit card so I am protected.

Sep 20, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #772 of 9,815
I have never personally bought from them... but these ratings were on a website that they actively participate on, and if you look back a few pages you'll see they defend themselves every once in a while, but it seems like they've just given up and don't even bother anymore.  When you're that swamped with terrible reviews on a site that you help regulate, you must be doing a lot wrong.  

That said, if you feel protected and that its worth the hassle of dealing with them and the credit card companies, by all means.  (I'm certainly contemplating it.)

From a cursory search, it seems like they were much better 3-5 years ago, with average to great ratings, and its only over the last year or so that they've slid into felonious practices.  A good experience a couple years ago will unfortunately not ensure one now.

/end of heads up

Sep 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #775 of 9,815

Quote:
Was just about to post those, from the reviews on here they are well worth $75.

Heya,

I think for $75 they might be worth it. I bought some, so we'll find out next week or so I suppose. I like how they look and I got the M-80's so I can do a multi-review with both headphones from the line.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back