The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #7,336 of 9,815
Quote:
I had ordered a HRT Music Streamer II + High Resolution USB DAC from ALO Audio on Friday. I have just received an email informing me that my order's have been cancelled informing me that the item is not in stock.
... But at the item is still listed on their website! O_O http://www.aloaudio.com/hrt-music-streamer-ii-plus-high-resolution-usb-dac
How's that for customer service?! What kind of excuse it this?

The fact that they even listed it at a discount is a surprise. ALO rarely runs discounts, and when they do its usually everyone else's normal price. I wouldn't get too upset about it. 

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7,337 of 9,815
Holy **** you guys are some post happy goofballs. I'm was unable to use my labtop the last 3 days and there's over 600 unread posts!!! I read the first few pages and the last few pages and there's nothing even worth mentioning. I can understand getting excited about black friday but some of you need to go out and see the sun. Ut subscribed.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #7,339 of 9,815
M-Audio Q40 is $99 directly from M-Audio (plus shipping). Not sure if that's a deal though - but I noticed $99 is lower than almost every other retailer I checked, including B&H.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #7,340 of 9,815
Quote:
Holy **** you guys are some post happy goofballs. I'm was unable to use my labtop the last 3 days and there's over 600 unread posts!!! I read the first few pages and the last few pages and there's nothing even worth mentioning. I can understand getting excited about black friday but some of you need to go out and see the sun. Ut subscribed.

Could have just asked what the deals were...

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #7,342 of 9,815
Quote:
What do you work there or something?
No they have taken payment without refund and cancelled orders. Who does that?
They can process order cancellations on the weekend but they can't process a refund? That is not a "mistake" it is bad business. Quit making excuses for them. If they were closed they would have processed the order cancellation on monday too.

That's definitely bad business.  Someone with the means can easily do a short-term investment with that "borrowed" fund to grow some $$.
But I'd rather them let people know about the cancellation at the earliest time possible, than wait a few days to find out about the cancellation and refund together.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #7,343 of 9,815
Quote:
I had ordered a HRT Music Streamer II + High Resolution USB DAC from ALO Audio on Friday. I have just received an email informing me that my order's have been cancelled informing me that the item is not in stock.
... But at the item is still listed on their website! O_O http://www.aloaudio.com/hrt-music-streamer-ii-plus-high-resolution-usb-dac
How's that for customer service?! What kind of excuse it this?

I wonder if this is at all related to the issues on the packaged items they mentioned on jude's Black Friday thread:

Just a quick word about The Pan Am packages:

We had a couple of server issues this morning that we have been working to sort out.  It seems having the 'Carry-On' product as part of the 'buy together' package is causing some problems, so it has been removed.  But we will be adding a set into orders of the Pan Am and any accessory.  We really like the bag because it is a great way to pack around the Pan Am from home to the workshop.

If anyone had any issues with their Pan Am order that we haven't straighten out yet please email us directly at info@aloaudio.com and we'll get it fixed. 

Sorry for any problems this price bug caused, but we should have it fixed very soon. 

kb

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #7,344 of 9,815
Quote:

That's definitely bad business.  Someone with the means can easily do a short-term investment with that "borrowed" fund to grow some $$.
But I'd rather them let people know about the cancellation at the earliest time possible, than wait a few days to find out about the cancellation and refund together.

My buddy thought of this earlier today while we were discussing our Black Friday snags and misshaps. Pretty damn low if that was their intention.

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #7,345 of 9,815
Quote:

My new Beyerdynamic T70 should be arriving tomorrow.

Due to the fanatics enthusiasts on this thread, I'm out another $375. Thanks again, guys!

You're very welcome 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #7,348 of 9,815
Quote:
hey everyone, i just noticed amazons cyber monday begins in like 7 minutes. anyone know what to expect?

Count down to cyber monday WEEK, not the actual Monday.

Nov 25, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #7,349 of 9,815
Quote:

Count down to cyber monday WEEK, not the actual Monday.

yeah...that too. anyway, here's the scoop. 

Nothing STOP THE PRESSES, but. They've got the m 80 true blood up in 9 hrs or so. There's some low level denons in the mix, and an unknown 4 channel headphone amp. I assume that'll be pro. may be the art head amp 4....just speculating. there are some random celebrity endorsed cans in the mess. A few IEMs. I can say anything about them (not my area).

oh....and the best yet....you HAVE TO SEE THESE. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back