The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 22, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #5,777 of 9,815
To add to KG Jag's post, I'm seeing the KRK KNS8400 going for $109+free shipping from a third party on Amazon as well.  Only 3 left as of right now.

Sep 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #5,779 of 9,815
Quote:
What the DT770's (250 ohm) are $165 new from trusted seller on amazon.. and DT880 250 ohm is $240 new with free shipping

The DT770-250 is also $165 through B&H if you'd prefer that over a 3rd party Amazon seller.

Sep 22, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #5,780 of 9,815
Quote:
So did I  (at Amazon).  But having ordered 250 ohm, they sent me 32 ohm.  Just a warning.  Since I'm returning them, I think I'll be looking for the 600 ohm model.

Did you order from Gear Tree?

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5,781 of 9,815
Quote:
So did I  (at Amazon).  But having ordered 250 ohm, they sent me 32 ohm.  Just a warning.  Since I'm returning them, I think I'll be looking for the 600 ohm model.

Amazon warehouse recently pulled something similar on a coworker of mine.  She ordered the DT770 Pro 80 Ohm and got the DT770M 80 Ohm.  At least they were really good about the return.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #5,782 of 9,815
Amazon itself is always, always awesome about returns. I recently returned an item and they refunded me as soon as I submitted the return request within a few minutes as long as I "promised to send the item within 30 days".

Amazon third-party sellers on the other hand..... Boy are they a drag. Sonic Electronix (via Amazon) just gave me "$10 store credit as an apology" when I requested exchanging a $130 item and they're ignoring any further communication. Nothing like $10 store credit at a store you'll make sure to never shop at again. Woohoo. I was going to exchange for K 702s and pay the difference so I guess they don't like money.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #5,783 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon itself is always, always awesome about returns. I recently returned an item and they refunded me as soon as I submitted the return request within a few minutes as long as I "promised to send the item within 30 days".

Amazon third-party sellers on the other hand..... Boy are they a drag. Sonic Electronix (via Amazon) just gave me "$10 store credit as an apology" when I requested exchanging a $130 item and they're ignoring any further communication. Nothing like $10 store credit at a store you'll make sure to never shop at again. Woohoo. I was going to exchange for K 702s and pay the difference so I guess they don't like money.

I've had very good customer service from Sonic Electronix, but I buy directly from their website. You should call them instead of emailing them. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #5,784 of 9,815
Actually, so have I. I bought a bunch of car audio stuff from Sonic Electronix about a year ago and they had excellent customer service.

It seems like they lose track of Amazon sales/returns very easily though, so I was referring specifically to that part of their business.

I've learned that if something is sold by/fulfilled by Amazon to buy it on Amazon, but if its an unfulfilled third party seller, just go directly to their website.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #5,785 of 9,815
Quote:

Never had anything but great experience with SonicElectronix.

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #5,786 of 9,815
Quote:
Actually, so have I. I bought a bunch of car audio stuff from Sonic Electronix about a year ago and they had excellent customer service.

It seems like they lose track of Amazon sales/returns very easily though, so I was referring specifically to that part of their business.

I've learned that if something is sold by/fulfilled by Amazon to buy it on Amazon, but if its an unfulfilled third party seller, just go directly to their website.

My experience too. I bought an HK receiver through an Amazon 3rd party vendor. It was Onecall. Tried the RMA process through Amazon's site--no response. Called Amazon about it. Amazon gave confusing advice. Called Onecall directly, and they were very helpful and quickly got the RMA processed. No problems from there. 

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5,788 of 9,815
Quote:

Quote:
Did you order from Gear Tree?

No, it was Amazon Warehouse Deals .... but no problem with the return

Sep 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #5,789 of 9,815
Total Airhead (best portable amp on earth for under $100 IMO) for $49.00 (regular $100 and worth every penny)

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers/headroom-total-airhead.php

The guys at Headroom are nuts for selling it at $49. No, I don't work for them obviously. I just like their amps..

BTW the Airhead can even drive my Q701 and HD-600. Lets see the E11 do that..

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #5,790 of 9,815
Quote:
Total Airhead (best portable amp on earth for under $100 IMO) for $49.00 (regular $100 and worth every penny)

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers/headroom-total-airhead.php

The guys at Headroom are nuts for selling it at $49. No, I don't work for them obviously. I just like their amps..

BTW the Airhead can even drive my Q701 and HD-600. Lets see the E11 do that..

Thanks--will have to make that my first portable amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back