The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #5,731 of 9,815
I think that was their exact intention.  They end up with a big infusion of cash, and some new customers--regardless of if they only break even.  From dealing with them so far, they seem like a great company and extremely customer service oriented.  They match prices and seem genuinely nice.  My will was weak and I bought many cards.  :wink: 

Quote:
...It couldn't have been their intention to put the entire store up for 25% off via giftcard.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #5,732 of 9,815
Quote:
I think that was their exact intention.  They end up with a big infusion of cash, and some new customers--regardless of if they only break even.  From dealing with them so far, they seem like a great company and extremely customer service oriented.  They match prices and seem genuinely nice.  My will was weak and I bought many cards.  :wink: 

Don't worry, the profit margins on headphones are such that 25% off won't eliminate their profits. :)

I agree, they seem like a great company from everything I've heard. I really like that they do free overnight shipping over $150.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #5,733 of 9,815
Quote:

Don't worry, the profit margins on headphones are such that 25% off won't eliminate their profits. :)

I agree, they seem like a great company from everything I've heard. I really like that they do free overnight shipping over $150.

And of course not all gift cards are ever used (= $72.00 + in profit per each unused card).

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #5,734 of 9,815
Good points--I'm not too worried about Sound Earphones, but they do have a bricks+mortar location+employees--so they've got some overhead.  I was a little hesitant to buy a bunch of certificates and "game the system", but I looked at the original Dealzmodo and it was pitched as "free money towards your dream headphones"--and that was good enough for me.  When I talked to them on the phone and asked about my "dream headphones"--they said you must have got the Dealzmodo deal and were happy to help.  I wish I lived a little closer to Cincinnati--they'll let you demo any of their headphones.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #5,735 of 9,815
Quote:
And of course not all gift cards are ever used (= $72.00 + in profit per each unused card).

Since the balance doesnt expire, it would be bad accounting practice to assume the cards will not be used. It wouldnt surprise me if people begin posting up remaining balances for others to use (atleast that's what I would have done I went for the LCD-2). Man, what a deal that is..

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #5,736 of 9,815
Quote:
Good points--I'm not too worried about Sound Earphones, but they do have a bricks+mortar location+employees--so they've got some overhead.  I was a little hesitant to buy a bunch of certificates and "game the system", but I looked at the original Dealzmodo and it was pitched as "free money towards your dream headphones"--and that was good enough for me.  When I talked to them on the phone and asked about my "dream headphones"--they said you must have got the Dealzmodo deal and were happy to help.  I wish I lived a little closer to Cincinnati--they'll let you demo any of their headphones.

Man, that would be *awesome* to be able to audition all of their headphones. I might need to take a trip to Cincinnati. :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #5,737 of 9,815
Quote:
Since the balance doesnt expire, it would be bad accounting practice to assume the cards will not be used. It wouldnt surprise me if people begin posting up remaining balances for others to use (atleast that's what I would have done I went for the LCD-2). Man, what a deal that is..

Even with that uber conservative assumption, you still have the time value of money.

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #5,738 of 9,815
Quote:
Even with that uber conservative assumption, you still have the time value of money.

There is actually legislation in many states that collect a portion, or all, of unused gift cards balances after a certain amount of inactivity because they are deemed as abandoned property. Obviously  That's part of the reason why these new gift card start-ups are supported by a lot companies, because they incentivize customers to spend their gift cards. I also heard that due to these things, they also aren't allowed to count the revenue until the gift cards are used.

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5,739 of 9,815
Sennheiser HD 650 sold at £265.00 on dv247.com, £238.50 on a single B-Stock HD 650. :D

http://www.dv247.com/b-stock/sennheiser-hd-650-audiophile-open-dynamic-headphones-b-stock--101555
http://www.dv247.com/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650-audiophile-open-dynamic-headphones--19557

In Italy this UK reseller is said to be reliable. :wink:

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #5,745 of 9,815
if soundearphones had k 702s I'd be all over it.. luckily their akg selection is pretty poor. Phew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back