The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
May 23, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #3,422 of 9,815
Quote:
American residents only

Nope its not. Amazon will ship it to South Africa. Which is strange, they don't generally allow AKGs to be shipped.

May 23, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #3,423 of 9,815
Quote:
Nope its not. Amazon will ship it to South Africa. Which is strange, they don't generally allow AKGs to be shipped.

Well they won't ship the Q701 to Canada I just tried ordering it.

May 23, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #3,424 of 9,815
Quote:
Well they won't ship the Q701 to Canada I just tried ordering it.

Lol, thats ironic as hell.
they don't like Canadians? 
rolleyes.gif

May 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #3,426 of 9,815
Quote:
I don't find that reasonable at all. I can't imagine it would be very difficult to just use an accurate shipping calculator. Most other websites manage to do it. If it says $20 when I check out, that's what I would've paid or they would've lost my business completely.

Update.  The Jaycar clone cans are only $49.50 USD now, so that means shipping is only $7.50 USD!  Wish I had waited 5 more days.  Oh well.

http://www.jaycar.us/productView.asp?ID=AA2065&form=CAT2&SUBCATID=1015#4

May 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #3,427 of 9,815
Quote:
Update.  The Jaycar clone cans are only $49.50 USD now, so that means shipping is only $7.50 USD!  Wish I had waited 5 more days.  Oh well.

I bet you they did this so they could stop and ask everyone for an extra $20 in shipping; I'm not sure anyone in the US will score one for $57

May 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,428 of 9,815
Their shipping makes no sense!  First they contact people wanting more money for shipping now they lower it. You could buy two in two orders and pay less shipping than buying two in one order.  Crazy.  I just ordered two in one order a few days ago simply because shipping was $20 for one or two.  Why were they asking $20 for shipping one pair if they can ship it for $7.50?
Quote:

May 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #3,429 of 9,815
Quote:
I bet you they did this so they could stop and ask everyone for an extra $20 in shipping; I'm not sure anyone in the US will score one for $57

But once you click buy you've entered into a deal with them that they need to honor.  It's their webpage that came up with the shipping charge,  They can't require anyone to pay more shipping after the contract has been made.

May 23, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #3,430 of 9,815
score.... there was a delay in the order...now i can cancel and reorder to save 13 bucks

May 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #3,431 of 9,815
Quote:
But once you click buy you've entered into a deal with them that they need to honor.  It's their webpage that came up with the shipping charge,  They can't require anyone to pay more shipping after the contract has been made.

This is a touchy subject. Typically if they say they reserve the right to cancel or alter the order, they can do so(part of the "contract"). However, Jaycar is based in Australia, and I have no idea what their law calls for. I'm guessing since they claim POA on US postage, they have the right to call for more money

May 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,432 of 9,815
Quote:
This is a touchy subject. Typically if they say they reserve the right to cancel or alter the order, they can do so(part of the "contract"). However, Jaycar is based in Australia, and I have no idea what their law calls for. I'm guessing since they claim POA on US postage, they have the right to call for more money

But they setup their webpage and put the shipping price in that they did.  How unprofessional are they if they can't figure out shipping?  It makes no sense that they lowered the charge if they felt they weren't getting enough.  Why not either charge what they really need or just say no international shipping?

May 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #3,433 of 9,815
Quote:
But they setup their webpage and put the shipping price in that they did.  How unprofessional are they if they can't figure out shipping?  It makes no sense that they lowered the charge if they felt they weren't getting enough.  Why not either charge what they really need or just say no international shipping?

Sure its bad implementation, but I honestly dont think they intended to be shipping a heavy package with little room for profit around the world. They were letting orders slide @$70 because it was about a $9 difference with shipping; so they ate the cost. Now that the shipping will end up ~$22 short, that gives them enough reason to pursue people for more money. Unprofessional? Yes; but if they are hemhoraging money because of these sales, and they dont have the skill/time to properly implement an accurate shipping system, it works as a pretty decent speed-bump.

Personally, I placed an order for the $57 the cart quoted me, and will be thrilled if they ship at that price. However, I'm mentally prepared for the followup e-mail from them.. Just give yourself space for dissapointment in this one
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back