The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #136 of 154
Quote:
I think that what Paradoxper is trying to say (and what I said sometime earlier in the thread) is that the SR009 does edge out the Orpheus in terms of pure accuracy and detail, though the Orpheus is a much greater and more involving listen at 99.9% the same detail. I do disagree with the SR007 spiel, though.

Right - but have they actually HEARD the 009 edging out the Orpheus or found the latter a more involving listen ? Any measurements to verify that '99.9%' figure ?

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #137 of 154
Quote:

Have either of you heard the orpheus or any stax for that matter? 
confused_face.gif

In fact, I've heard just about every stax and yes, I've heard the Orpheus.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #138 of 154
Quote:

Right - but have they actually HEARD the 009 edging out the Orpheus or found the latter a more involving listen ? Any measurements to verify that '99.9%' figure ?

I don't subscribe to measurements like some of you faithful.

To my ears the 009 does edge out the Orpheus.
Stop acting like one needs to add IMO to the end of each sentence. You know better, dont'cha?

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #140 of 154
Quote:
Stop acting like one needs to add IMO to the end of each sentence. You know better, dont'cha?

As with everything, there's a middle ground. There have been hundreds (thousands?) of times on Head-Fi where it turned out halfway through the thread that nobody in the picture had ever heard the cans they were talking about, and it's important to be weary of that. On the other hand, the attacking tone used by rhythmdevils (at least it came off that way over the internet) was not necessary.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #141 of 154
Quote:
As with everything, there's a middle ground. There have been hundreds (thousands?) of times on Head-Fi where it turned out halfway through the thread that nobody in the picture had ever heard the cans they were talking about, and it's important to be weary of that. On the other hand, the attacking tone used by rhythmdevils (at least it came off that way over the internet) was not necessary.

I agree, there is a middle ground. Well, I think that's why you take one's subjective opinion with salt.

And I didn't really think rythmdevils was being aggressive or attacking.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #143 of 154
High-end gear comparison thread? How can we leave out the Koss Porta Pro?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/428213/hd800-vs-koss-porta-pro

Quote:
I just don't understand why nobody has taken the time or the guts to compare the HD800's to a truly worthy headphone. I'm not talking about those pretenders like the GS1000, HD650, K1000, K701/K702, STAX SR-007II or the Stax O2.The Koss Porta Pros have everything, deep rocking bass, lightning fast transients, and singing highs. Not to mention, they are the classiest headphones I've ever laid my eyes on.

PORTAPRO - Portable Headphones - Koss

This.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #146 of 154
I'm guessing she bought the Fostex HP-A3.

Like someone said here, an expensive first-time investment and then calling it a day can be a very good idea.

On the other hand - the high sound quality may peak your curiousity and lead to a condition known as deep chasms of unearthly thirst, imagine wandering in the desert for 20 days and being confronted by 50 kinds of soft drink, all 1KM apart and costing $5 each (you have exactly $11, hit enter).

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #149 of 154
I listen to my etymotic ER4p's the most.  I've bought and broken them four or five times, still 80x cheaper than my other most used headphone.

Neil

Yep, my Etys get the most eartime by default because of lifestyle. They are 12 yrs old and time to be replaced but they are still rockin.

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #150 of 154
the best headphone you can buy? go full stax and dont skimp on the 100k amp and dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back