The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Aug 30, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #151 of 154
Hello,

If you don't mind my newbie's 2 cents -

There is no such thing as best headphone in the world.  This is all a personal thing.  I would suggest you go to stores and test out more models to see what kind of character you really like.  Money and quality do not always go along the same direction, especially for higher end or higher price tag items.  Higher model of the same brand may give better resolutions or a boost of certain range, yet you may not appreciate the extra details which usually come at the expense of slight tonal balance off.

To start with, you need to know what you like.  Once this is answered, choices will be clear.

Happy shopping.

Cheers.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #152 of 154
I wouldn't say the expense is necessarily tonal balance - but higher end headphones do tend to impart their own signature to the sound - so you're going to have to dig what they are doing.  They also usually but not always, require good amplification, so they may suffer even more in comparison to another cheaper headphone until they are driven correctly.

Neil

May 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #153 of 154
SR009+KGSSHV?

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #154 of 154
  Hello,

If you don't mind my newbie's 2 cents -

There is no such thing as best headphone in the world.  This is all a personal thing.  I would suggest you go to stores and test out more models to see what kind of character you really like.  Money and quality do not always go along the same direction, especially for higher end or higher price tag items.  Higher model of the same brand may give better resolutions or a boost of certain range, yet you may not appreciate the extra details which usually come at the expense of slight tonal balance off.

To start with, you need to know what you like.  Once this is answered, choices will be clear.

Happy shopping.

Cheers.

This is right, for example, the Sennheiser HD800 and IE800 are expensive due to new technic solutions, otherwise "Made in Germany" have it´s Price tag too as they earn considerable more Money than the Chinese engineer / workers in production Units. This is not entirely a Quality issue, as we all know. Some of the models like the IE80 and the HD598 are made in China but superb Quality to.
To much perfection isn´t good either as most Music becomes unlistenable due to the average recording Quality,so listening to the very best implicates that you have to listen to Audiophile recordings who are not always the most exciting. If we start listening to the production instead of the Music than something went wrong, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back