The Astell & Kern AK240
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #8,236 of 9,131
When I do have one of those frustrating times wth AFT, I have found that trashing the prefs file located in the Preferences folder in the user Library, trashing the Google folder in the Application Support folder, and trashing the mtpviewer file in the Saved Application State folder can help. The user Library is an invisible folder, so you will need to use the Terminal app or another utility to make this folder visible.  

I use Onyx, a free app that is a great system maintenance tool to make the user Library visible. Once visible, you can drag the folder to the side bar of a Finder window so you don't have to go through the hassle of making this Library folder visible again.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #8,237 of 9,131
  When I do have one of those frustrating times wth AFT, I have found that trashing the prefs file located in the Preferences folder in the user Library, trashing the Google folder in the Application Support folder, and trashing the mtpviewer file in the Saved Application State folder can help. The user Library is an invisible folder, so you will need to use the Terminal app or another utility to make this folder visible.  

I use Onyx, a free app that is a great system maintenance tool to make the user Library visible. Once visible, you can drag the folder to the side bar of a Finder window so you don't have to go through the hassle of making this Library folder visible again.

Not to turn this thread into a "Mac-Tips and Tricks" but you can press and hold the option key while navigating to the Go menu and the Library folder will be visible.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #8,238 of 9,131
As a long time Windows sysadmin who's heard "Mac - it just works" one time too many, I must admit I'm chuckling a bit to myself here...

But maybe, just maybe, all this AFT & Friends talk should have its own thread?

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #8,239 of 9,131
  Not to turn this thread into a "Mac-Tips and Tricks" but you can press and hold the option key while navigating to the Go menu and the Library folder will be visible.

I didn't know that ... makes sense since I'm aware of the Option key and how it may affect menu items. Thanks!

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #8,240 of 9,131
I am hoping some day I will be good enough to build a system as good as a Mac. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #8,241 of 9,131
I find the whole PC vs Mac argument sophomoric. Use the platform you like is what I say ...

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #8,243 of 9,131
  I am hoping some day I will be good enough to build a system as good as a Mac. 
wink_face.gif

Nice.  I am not bragging here, but I am currently running triple 4k in 4-way SLi with GTX 980 Ti.  Don't think you can do that with a Mac.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #8,244 of 9,131
  Nice.  I am not bragging here, but I am currently running triple 4k in 4-way SLi with GTX 980 Ti.  Don't think you can do that with a Mac.

I use to do a lot of gaming, built a Xfire setup once, so wanted to try SLI. 2 GTX 770, 27" monitor running at 96hz. But I dont really game anymore, so its overkill. I like being able to pick my own hardware then overclock etc, I always tease Brannan about being an Apple guy. They make great stuff, its just not for us tweakers.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #8,245 of 9,131
As a long time Windows sysadmin who's heard "Mac - it just works" one time too many, I must admit I'm chuckling a bit to myself here...

But maybe, just maybe, all this AFT & Friends talk should have its own thread?

Macs, always on the outside looking in. 
wink_face.gif

In reality, all any of us users on this thread want to do, is load up our 240 and enjoy the music. Unfortunately, Macs have to jump over a few more hurdles.There's really not that much difference.  

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #8,246 of 9,131

I use to do a lot of gaming, built a Xfire setup once, so wanted to try SLI. 2 GTX 770, 27" monitor running at 96hz. But I dont really game anymore, so its overkill. I like being able to pick my own hardware then overclock etc, I always tease Brannan about being an Apple guy. They make great stuff, its just not for us tweakers.

Same here: too many games, but not enough time to play them...

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #8,248 of 9,131
  Is there any way to downgrade firmware if you've updated to the latest one? I'd like to go back to 1.18 if possible.

Think you'll have to get that done by iRiver's support team. Not self-downgradeable.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #8,250 of 9,131

Users who are viewing this thread

Back