The Astell & Kern AK240
Mar 14, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #8,266 of 9,131
Thank you for your reply, kkcc.

Are you playing any files on your Samsung or just the 240? The problem I'm having is playing songs from my iPhone—that's when I get a stutter at the beginning of a song. It could be a cache issue on my iPhone since I have a GB of free space, but I get a warning on the iPhone that I'm almost out of space when using it as the source for the AK app.

I was referring to playing files on Ak240 earlier. Nonetheless I just tried playing files from my note5 and it works fine. No stuttering or lag or any anomalty I can notice.

LOL I didn't even realize we can do this with AK Connect as my interest was in using my phone as remote control only, and the fact I don't store many music files on my Note 5.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #8,267 of 9,131
I got an used AK240 over ebay, it is only listing DSD files and even though there are other file formats like FLAC, MP3 exists, they does not show up. Those folders are listed as empty.

Is there any setting I need change? 

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #8,269 of 9,131
Mar 17, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #8,270 of 9,131
If go to albums from the homespun screen, then look to the upper right hand corner of the screen. It should say all. If it says DSD then click DSD and select all from the next screen.
I hope that helps.

Got it, thanks, it is working now.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #8,271 of 9,131
One more question, AK240 turn warm after running/charging ever less then 30 mins or so. It never happen with my AK100ii. 

is this normal with AK240?

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #8,273 of 9,131

One more question, after running AK240 turn warm after running/charging ever less then 30 mins or so. It never happen with my AK100ii. 

is this normal with AK240?

My 100II gets warm sometimes.

It is happening almost every time I run 30 mins or more. It sounds good though, much warm when compared to Ak100ii. I do not know which one I prefer still. I feel Ak100ii is more neutral than 240, these are just initial impression. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #8,274 of 9,131

It is happening almost every time I run 30 mins or more. It sounds good though, much warm when compared to Ak100ii. I do not know which one I prefer still. I feel Ak100ii is more neutral than 240, these are just initial impression. 

As long as its doing what it should, heat isn't a concern for me. But I also have the random pause issues with mine. I liked the 240 the best out of the 3 I have tested, which is the 100II 120II and 240. Improvements are there every step up, even though they are small.

Mar 17, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #8,275 of 9,131

As long as its doing what it should, heat isn't a concern for me. But I also have the random pause issues with mine. I liked the 240 the best out of the 3 I have tested, which is the 100II 120II and 240. Improvements are there every step up, even though they are small.

thx, running good, playing awesome music...so it should be good. I had both AK240 and Angie arrived at same time, right now not able to test more familiar IE800, K3003, maybe I need more time. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #8,278 of 9,131
Another newbie with a 240.

Just transferring music over to the internal storage.

Sorted out all the tags with Metadatics, and all seems ok in the Android File transfer (fingers crossed!).

What I have found though is that although the music files being transferred are all alphabetical, and they all appear in the AFS/AK240 file window as being alphabetical, this doesn't happen in the actual player when I go to 'Artist' and scroll through the albums? They seem to be in a random order?

And yet when go to 'Folder' on the player and then then the artist folders within, they are all still alphabetical?

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #8,279 of 9,131
Any AK240 users have a folder not show in the folder browsing on the internal storage (mine's about half full)? I have folders A-Z with the appropriate artist underneath and my folder browsing doesn't show folder 'A' or folder 'S'. The files are there for sure and the artist and album categories show the 'missing' files and organizes and plays them fine. I think this was after I did the update to 1.33, but can't recall exactly as I haven't used the AK240 in a while. I know that the folders showed up before, just not now. I haven't changed, removed, or added anything except do the FW 1.33 update when it was released.

I've already done a factory reset and re-scanned the library. It's not a huge deal but anyone else have this?

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #8,280 of 9,131
Any AK240 users have a folder not show in the folder browsing on the internal storage (mine's about half full)? I have folders A-Z with the appropriate artist underneath and my folder browsing doesn't show folder 'A' or folder 'S'. The files are there for sure and the artist and album categories show the 'missing' files and organizes and plays them fine. I think this was after I did the update to 1.33, but can't recall exactly as I haven't used the AK240 in a while. I know that the folders showed up before, just not now. I haven't changed, removed, or added anything except do the FW 1.33 update when it was released.

I've already done a factory reset and re-scanned the library. It's not a huge deal but anyone else have this?

i have not experienced that at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back