The Astell & Kern AK240
Jan 19, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #6,331 of 9,131
Does anyone know the difference between the PEF-11 dock (Mundorf cable) and the PEF-12 dock (Crystal Cable) sound?

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #6,333 of 9,131
I have the pair and they work fine
For me I add a little eq to help fix the Roxane's a bit. They are a bit rolled off at top and a bit mid recessed as well the eq makes this fine. No amp is needed but if you were to add one it's sound choice needed not more power
Al

Jan 19, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #6,336 of 9,131
Don't get me wrong but cables are pure oride of ownsrship. So get what looks good to your eyses and can be afforded
Not picking or being spiteful it's just that for me a have never heard any headphone or iem cable that mattered but I do love the some look.
I just had a friend ask me to try a new 800 cable made for a lcd3 nice looking cable but there was absolutely no chage in volume or sound. But having them on my headphones did make me feel really cool lol.
What can I say. And please no bashing if someone here does hear the change his bless you and enjoy them.
Now if you say they are balanced wires there could be a difference
Al

Jan 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #6,337 of 9,131
Don't get me wrong but cables are pure oride of ownsrship. So get what looks good to your eyses and can be afforded
Not picking or being spiteful it's just that for me a have never heard any headphone or iem cable that mattered but I do love the some look.
I just had a friend ask me to try a new 800 cable made for a lcd3 nice looking cable but there was absolutely no chage in volume or sound. But having them on my headphones did make me feel really cool lol.
What can I say. And please no bashing if someone here does hear the change his bless you and enjoy them.
Now if you say they are balanced wires there could be a difference
Al

Thanks for your input. It probably also depends on the system and cable type. I found that there is a noticeable difference using the OCC silver cable over the stock ones on my Shure846 and Sony Z7.

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #6,340 of 9,131
It's just a regular AK240 but more expensive. More seriously, no idea. Source?
From Facebook of an iRiver contact. I wonder if this is similar to the flashy silver AK240 James Lee carried around. I took a pic of that one & boy was it a solidly heavy AK240!

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #6,341 of 9,131
Maybe I missed this but what's an AK240SS?? Just a regular AK240 in stainless steel??

Thanks.I got this from a friend in Facebook too.I was thinking to start a thread about it.But,didn't have to open a thread anymore. 
smily_headphones1.gif

And,yes concept is same with AK240.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #6,343 of 9,131
The new AK240ss looks really nice I just wonder how heavy it will be!

Looks cool. If they're going to make a special edition, I hope they bump up the internal storage. $3k?

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #6,345 of 9,131

Users who are viewing this thread

Back