The Astell & Kern AK240
May 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,437 of 9,131
  I've tried pro and custom settings. What I found is that I could not get the custom settings to my satisfaction.
For Pro, when I would put it on, the volume would actually drop and the sound seemed muted......I just leave it off.

Interesting question. At first I was using pro to "smooth" things out. Then I did custom, one to tame the highs, another to boost the bottom. Since switching to Silver Liz Balanced from Ted, and....here may be the key....burning in, all is off. No eq as the sound has gotten smoother and more refined, regardless of format. 

May 29, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #3,439 of 9,131
Enjoying Boney M now. Never sounded better (though to be honest, the last time I heard Boney M was in 1999 in Sweden through a Sony MD-R37 Minidisk player) and stock earbuds.

Anyway, the AK240 and Ultrasone IQ better that combo.

I'm watching your posts very carefully now Shigzeo :wink:. Any complaints of my playlist....& STRIKE!!!

Hehehe...enjoy the AK240.

May 29, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #3,443 of 9,131
Enjoying Boney M now. Never sounded better (though to be honest, the last time I heard Boney M was in 1999 in Sweden through a Sony MD-R37 Minidisk player) and stock earbuds.

Anyway, the AK240 and Ultrasone IQ better that combo.

I was one of the rare ones who like Ulteasone a iQ. Glad to hear you too. However I don't really like the IQ + AK240 combo . somehow there is a lack of clarity.

May 29, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #3,444 of 9,131
It is a bit 'too' silky at times. But I really like the sound of the IQ. There are some issues with isolation, but not too bad. I love this earphone. Hate its cables. It is well-loved in Japan. I think it has to do with sound preference and cultural drags across genre boundaries. 

May 29, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,445 of 9,131

240s meet.

My 240 and its remote...I can now can sit at my listening position when having the 240 feeding my home system and switching songs.

May 29, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #3,446 of 9,131
It is a bit 'too' silky at times. But I really like the sound of the IQ. There are some issues with isolation, but not too bad. I love this earphone. Hate its cables. It is well-loved in Japan. I think it has to do with sound preference and cultural drags across genre boundaries. 

I like the Ultrasone IQ too, not that I care what other people think but it is frequently the butt of the joke in my circle of head-fiers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back