Testing audiophile claims and myths
Apr 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #4,203 of 17,336
You got the 24 bit thread locked. Why don't you create a new thread just for your commentary?

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #4,205 of 17,336
  You got the 24 bit thread locked. Why don't you create a new thread just for your commentary?

24bit thread - locked ?

I have opened it after your post here - and locked indeed it is. 

It was not my intention - not at all.

Then again, I did not try to ridicule other members. Merely tried to present things as I see and hear it - it did not materialise overnight. And share the experience. 

Just because something is not comprehensible to others, this does not necessary mean it is trolling. As stated numerous times, sound is NOT something you can 100% squeeze into a computer and recreate exactly the same on another part of the globe. Maybe some day, but that day definitely has not yet arrived.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #4,206 of 17,336
  24bit thread - locked ?

Then again, I did not try to ridicule other members. Merely tried to present things as I see and hear it - it did not materialise overnight. And share the experience. 

Just because something is not comprehensible to others, this does not necessary mean it is trolling. As stated numerous times, sound is NOT something you can 100% squeeze into a computer and recreate exactly the same on another part of the globe. Maybe some day, but that day definitely has not yet arrived.

Didn't you just say, "Sayonara till then." Get to work and post back when you've finally done your deed.
We've had enough of mats for now, you don't need to keep it going because someone else posted something. We've heard your thoughts on this to no end.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #4,207 of 17,336
-Air. (Yup, that'll do. Not in any significant way, that is - but a CD could conceivably receive a static charge simply by being spun in air. (Though I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the spindle was grounded just in case, anyway.)

Possible I suppose, but taking the analogy from high speed vehicles traveling in air, which I would think is similar, the friction between the air and whatever results in heat, not static electricity. Also, as you say, the main spindle is metal and likely grounded by mechanical means inherent in the design. Also, the cd does have a conductive layer, however thin, in its construction. And again, I'll repeat I've never seen any evidence of static in a cd after play, maybe I've been lucky.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #4,208 of 17,336
  24bit thread - locked ?

You may not be able to get an exact re-creation but I believe you can get one so close that the difference is beyond anybody's perception (auditory) capabilities. I can create an eye chart or ototype that exceeds 20/8 resolution with different characters or letters but even if I do so that is beyond the capability of human sight discrimination so essentially meaningless. 

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,209 of 17,336
one question I ask, why buy CDs and CD mats, why don't you just buy files... problem solved!
(maybe there is some voodoo for PCs and DAPs, like DAP mats and Tunning Dots, have to google it... If someone knows about it I would like to ear)

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #4,210 of 17,336
  one question I ask, why buy CDs and CD mats, why don't you just buy files... problem solved!
(maybe there is some voodoo for PCs and DAPs, like DAP mats and Tunning Dots, have to google it... If someone knows about it I would like to ear)

Place a bulb of garlic on your keyboard.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #4,211 of 17,336
Yes, I DO mean ABX testing - and have promised in 24bit thread - at dealer's, he is going to test me, I test him. ASAP, hopefully within a week, when he has the first "hole" in the schedule. 

But at this proposition, all I heard at first from him over the phone was laughter, then he tried to persuade me it is a complete loss of time ( I agree - wholeheartedly so ) - only when I explained it to him that nothing else might convince you Doubting Thomases, he grundgedly agreed. 

The things I do for love science : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF-eWkKMBns

So you and this person are going to achieve an unbiased result?

Don't even bother. Just lie, it'll be a lot less trouble.

Agreed. Yours and your dealer's attitude don't actually inspire much confidence that the ABX protocol will be followed.

And I will upload a few CD rips with and without the mat, limited to 30 seconds, as I want you to know exactly which commercially pressed CD  was ripped (all the numbers...)  but limitation in time is to avoid copyright etc problems. It would be easier for me to upload the whole track.

That will be interesting. If you and the dealer find there is a difference in ABX testing, if you would like to prove it to others, maybe the way to go is to have the dealer open up a thread here on Head-Fi for sharing a CD mat. Let various head-fi members use it and pass it on to other members. Or, since the CD mat is so expensive, see if Innerfidelity or Audioholics would review it and make such files available for download.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #4,212 of 17,336
I've tried it but it smells a bit... I use KEYBOARD MAT, (I've created it myself, not patented yet, but I'll sell it to friends at $1500, special price) it reduces the reflections of the light so they don't interfere with the sound (among other stuff) hearing is believing...

The only problem with it is that I cannot write properly in this forum... but I still can read it... I will try a SCREEN MAT, to further improve my marvelous sound system...

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #4,213 of 17,336
So what's next? Phrenology and how it can be used to determine the quality of our perception?
Here's a good one, you can never have enough wattage.

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #4,214 of 17,336
This thread is unbelievable some (most) days... ayyyyyyyyy

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #4,215 of 17,336
AudioQuest NRG WEL Signature AC Power Cable 3m - £9,225.00 ($13771.22)

't was never William E. Low's intention to create a signature series in as much as the line created itself. As anyone who has ever birthed something from the ground up knows, things have the tendency to take on lives of their own. Inspiration becomes the compass which sets the direction we follow. WEL Signature Speaker cable is a 30 plus year culmination of our best materials and techniques, combined with the sensitivity and refinement that only comes when someone loves music and appreciates the objectivity of uncolored, undistorted sound.'

'The negative conductors in WEL Signature AC are insulated with partially conductive Carbon-Loaded Polyethylene. This remarkable material damps radio-frequency garbage from being fed back into the amplifier. The sonic benefit is exactly the same reduction in “hash” and better dimensionality that comes whenever RF garbage is reduced in an audio circuit. WEL Signature AC uses Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation on its positive conductors because air absorbs next to no energy, and Polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile. Thanks to all the air in Foamed-PE, it causes much less of the out-of-focus effect common to other materials.'

'WEL Signature AC power cables have an inner circular array of positive conductors spiraling in one direction. Around this inner group, are the negative conductors, spiraling in the opposite direction. Even while the positive and negative conductors are crossing each other instead of being parallel, the relationship between the positive and negative groups is fixed and non-changing, adhering to one of AudioQuest’s most basic design tenets: consistency. The result is an astonishing clarity, like focusing a camera lens you had no idea was so far out of focus.'

'The result is an astonishing clarity, like focusing a camera lens you had no idea was so far out of focus.'
'The result is an astonishing clarity, like focusing a camera lens you had no idea was so far out of focus.'

THIS IS A POWER CABLE!

one of the best items to have an audiogasm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back