TDK-BA200 EQ'ed with E07K...Does this mean I like a different sound signature?
Jan 16, 2013 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ksimm033

100+ Head-Fier
I've spent about 100 hours so far with my BA200s. I'm using them with an EVO/iPhone 4s and E07K. my settings that I really enjoy on the E07K are +6db, +6 treble, and +4 bass. I listen to most genres of music ranging from R&B to Country to Hip-Hop and Rock. Sometimes the bass is perfect on the songs and then other times, it feel like its lacking depth or a deep punch. With all my EQing and feeling on bass, does this mean I like a different sound signature? I really enjoy the clarity and treble.

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 6
Looks like you just really like it loud. Honestly. Turn the volume up to +12 dB (but w/o EQ) from +6 dB and see if it's similar.

About the bass --- bass will vary from track to track, because of the way they're recorded, mixed, and mastered. There are always tracks that will yield too little or too much bass. It's not just about bass in general; some tracks are sub-bass heavy/light, or they're mid-bass heavy/light. It depends on the artistic direction of the track.

At the same time, you might want to look for something other than the BA200 and look into something more like the TF10. That type of sound signature will save you from having to turn up the volume so much.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Looks like you just really like it loud. Honestly. Turn the volume up to +12 dB (but w/o EQ) from +6 dB and see if it's similar.

About the bass --- bass will vary from track to track, because of the way they're recorded, mixed, and mastered. There are always tracks that will yield too little or too much bass. It's not just about bass in general; some tracks are sub-bass heavy/light, or they're mid-bass heavy/light. It depends on the artistic direction of the track.

At the same time, you might want to look for something other than the BA200 and look into something more like the TF10. That type of sound signature will save you from having to turn up the volume so much.

Do you think trying the HifiMan RE-ZERO would be a good option?

And ok, I will try that tonight and see how it goes. About the bass, that makes a lot of sense; thanks for breaking it down.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #5 of 6
If you like more bass with same clarity and extended highs as BA200 then try IEMs like JVC FX700, UE TF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10, X5 and Sony EX1000, EX7550, EX600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back