Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Jul 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #766 of 2,336

Quote:
Still waiting. Still "An order has been electronically submitted." More pissy reply received via email to my latest enquiry. Pondering another phone call. Pondering electronically submitting high voltages to his nether regions or frontal lobes instead.

Not really, of course, just wondering whether getting pissed off is worth it.

I have a feeling that you will eventually receive something.  I don't know what though.  All credibility for me was lost with the release of a new driver, when my new Magnums weren't even properly burnt in yet!!  My primary thinking was that I was being taken for a ride with regard to a component that I couldn't properly verify the authenticity of, especially since having both drivers at the same time has been expressly restricted.  I was also almost sure that delivery of the v2 driver 'improved' Magnums would suffer the same delays.  The whole affair has with anticipation and now prediction, been untidy.  Now, it seems that a lot is being lost in terms of down time without having your cans.

Mine are still on sale.  
rolleyes.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #767 of 2,336
It was a full year ago that I took an interest in the Magnums, and in that time frame seem to have been reading nothing but "waiting, waiting waiting" messages and a lot of disappointment. Glad I waited and moved on to my Stax journey and recent K1K acquisition, and have had time to save for the Audeze LCD-2, which sees a mere month wait time as compared to a year of frustration and disillusionment.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #768 of 2,336
Hello, I am new to this forum,I just signed up because I am interested in this mod, I'm afraid I do not have time to read all the pages, but I read up to page 32, then skipped to the end, is this mod still in production, the website does not seem to be updated for the Magnum-Lite headphones, also would it be possible to send in SR80i and ask for an aluminum shell?

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #769 of 2,336
Why don't you email them? Then you'll get an accurate answer.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #770 of 2,336

Quote:
Hello, I am new to this forum,I just signed up because I am interested in this mod, I'm afraid I do not have time to read all the pages, but I read up to page 32, then skipped to the end, is this mod still in production, the website does not seem to be updated for the Magnum-Lite headphones, also would it be possible to send in SR80i and ask for an aluminum shell?

Why don't you read the whole thread and you'll learn why it's bad to skip to the end?

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #771 of 2,336
Jul 14, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #772 of 2,336

Quote:

It's best to avoid them at the moment until things get "solved" , check again in a month or so and hope something good happens

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #773 of 2,336
Ok, sorry if I came off rude with the whole not reading the whole thing, I just did and I see the problem, now I have to consider buying the V1s off someone or waiting, I might as well wait a few weeks and see how things are going.

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #774 of 2,336

Quote:
Ok, sorry if I came off rude with the whole not reading the whole thing, I just did and I see the problem, now I have to consider buying the V1s off someone or waiting, I might as well wait a few weeks and see how things are going.

I have put this into the wait till he gets his act together category.  I will practice no breath holding techniques either.  Holding your breath for a millisecond would be a tremendous waste of energy IMO.

Most people only know of when they heard about this since last Summer.  This has been going on for years as far as promises and dedlines, he got to the taking money from people phase last Summer, when most first heard of it, the project had been in existance for a long time before that.

Personally, I would like to see some type of respectable batting average of truthfulness before I would get involved with this.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #775 of 2,336
I smell a tiny class-action lawsuit in the making, maybe I am wrong and Rhydon will come through for you guys. But it would seem that he is just trying to buy time for whatever reason, hopefully it is a good one and everyone will end up happy.
popcorn.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #777 of 2,336
FYI, I believe that you can only initiate a chargeback for up to 60 to 90 days after the time that the charge appears on your billing statement, depending upon the CC company and the state that the customer resides in.

Jul 15, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #778 of 2,336

Users who are viewing this thread

Back