Superlux Express Train
Jul 3, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #181 of 1,352
I was about to place an order for Senn HD25-1 II but I came across this thread. Can anyone compare it with the 668B in terms of sound quality? Thanks in advance. If there is not much difference, then I may get this one instead.

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #183 of 1,352

Quote:
I was about to place an order for Senn HD25-1 II but I came across this thread. Can anyone compare it with the 668B in terms of sound quality? Thanks in advance. If there is not much difference, then I may get this one instead.

Completely different sound signature. The HD25 are closed cans and the 668B is semi-open. The HD25 has a lot of punch and energy (PRAT I guess) but sometimes feels fatiguing to me. The soundstage is also smaller than the 668B.

But the 668B are so cheap it's worth getting both. 

Jul 3, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #184 of 1,352

Quote:

seriously??

Yep. The extra money went towards a holiday and some other hobbies.

But I kept my Grado GS1000i. :)

Quote:
If you could afford HD800 and K1000 you should be able to afford new pads for the Superlux :) Seriously, new velour pads are worth it, far more comfortable than that vinyl material. 

Hey, you're right. But somehow, paying half the price of a set of cans for velour pads just seems...wrong. But my mind words in a weird way sometimes.

Jul 24, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #190 of 1,352
I have had the HD662F 's ( Closed-back black ones with white accents ) for a few weeks now and I have to say they are incredible.  very lightweight, reallllly comfortable and the  sound quality is crazy. These should cost far more. Fit is better than my older AKG K240M's for sure. Only my Philips HP890 's could beat this fit.
I don't want to take them off.

Haven't yet tried the others. I'd have no hesitation at all in recommending these to anyone.
I am surprised these Superluxes don't get recommended to all the newcomers in here. They really should be. I'm sick of seeing the M50 in those posts. These would be much easier on their wallets.
That would spoil them for future purchases to be sure.
I'm going to start sticking this thread into those new posts from time to time.

EDIT:
Just a quick heads up. There is now a seller I found on ebay that has replacement velour-type pads for these. It says 681 but pretty sure the  things would fit the 662's also. Measurements are the same and can housing is the same from what i can tell. Now you don't have to spend a fortune buying akg ones to find out they aren't going to work for your sound signature preferences, you can do that later
bigsmile_face.gif
. That wouldn't make sense as It had been stated to spend half or more of the initial can cost again on the other replacements available. I may try them eventually.

Aug 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #191 of 1,352
Hi, guys! Can you help me? I want to understand what model would be better for me. If I tell you that I really like the sound Vsonic GR07 and I listen to rock and metal music, which of the Superlux models you would recommend?

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #192 of 1,352

Quote:
EDIT:
Just a quick heads up. There is now a seller I found on ebay that has replacement velour-type pads for these. It says 681 but pretty sure the  things would fit the 662's also. Measurements are the same and can housing is the same from what i can tell. Now you don't have to spend a fortune buying akg ones to find out they aren't going to work for your sound signature preferences, you can do that later
bigsmile_face.gif
. That wouldn't make sense as It had been stated to spend half or more of the initial can cost again on the other replacements available. I may try them eventually.

Yes, the same velour pads will fit. The question is, whether they change the sound signature to the better or worse - closed back headphones' (662F) signature varies more than semi-open (681) if you change the pads and so affect the seal.

Aug 23, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #193 of 1,352

Quote:
Hi, guys! Can you help me? I want to understand what model would be better for me. If I tell you that I really like the sound Vsonic GR07 and I listen to rock and metal music, which of the Superlux models you would recommend?

HD668b for sure. To me, they sound the most neutral and lack the really piercing highs the HD669 and HD681 have. My HD662 has more of a bass emphasis. 

My order of preference:

1. HD668b
2. HD662
3. HD681
4. HD651
5. HD669

I own all of those. I haven't yet heard the HD660. 

Sep 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #195 of 1,352
Go for HD660 if you can get it, best PRAT from all superlux models. Stepped down one step, HD330 (not as forward as HD660 but more relaxed sound). Next level are 662 series, either 662F or 662, forward mid with some spark in high for those guitars. I think HD668B would be too smooth for metal and rock musics, and the mid is too thin.
http://www.headfonia.com/the-new-superluxes-are-good-the-hd330-hd440-and-the-hd660/

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back