Sony NW-ZX300
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #7,036 of 12,862
How long did it take for the zx300 to arrive in the UK when you ordered through Joybuy? Thanks.
Placed the order for the ZX300A on 21/06 and got the delivery 16/07. There was £11.34 import duty. Latest firmware and no volume cap so an amazingly good price for a great dap.

Jul 19, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #7,038 of 12,862
Well I think I just found a way to use the ZX300 DAC mode for watching video, Youtube,... (not recommended for gaming thou)
I use my Laptop as my main sever and my ZX300A as my DAC, everyone know there a 0.5 - 0.7 second delay when using the DAC mode, and it's irritating especially for watching video. Till recent, I bought a HDMI - HDMI cable to output from my Laptop to my LG TV, and well well, it has a nearly 0,5 sec screen delay also!

=> So, I tried to output the audio through the zx300 while the screen on the LG TV, and WOALA, they match quite perfectly nice!!!

Now I can enjoy watching Youtube and Movies from my TV while using the ZX300A as the audio output, sounded great! :D :D :D :D

p/s: I'm not sure this will work for everyone else, but it does for me, so... Lucky me I guess =]]]]]
p/s2: If anyone ask for my setup, I'm using a Asus ROG G501JW, and my TV is a LG Smart TV. Connect those with a Toshiba HDMI - HDMI cable. And of course the zx300 in DAC mode with the stock Walkmanport - USB Type B Cable.

Aahh! The only reason I decided to buy ZX-300 over ZX100 so I can use it as a DAC. :-\

Jul 19, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #7,039 of 12,862
I have a brand new, unused and boxed zx300 for sale in classifieds, For anyone interested please PM me.

Jul 20, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #7,042 of 12,862
Hello
I am interested in this player but I have to clarify a fundamental doubt about the power output of headphone jacks (both unbalanced and balanced).
I use the following Iems and headphones:
JH Audio Michelle
JH Audio Rosie
Denon AH-D7200 (impedance of 32 but likes the loud volume)
I'm a bit deaf and I like to listen at a high volume.
I suppose that with JH there should be no problem but with the Denon I do not have anything clear.
Any ideas?
I would also like to know if there is a balanced output adapter of 4'4 to balanced cable of 2'5 which are the ones that come in the JH Audio.
Thank you

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #7,044 of 12,862
Hello
I am interested in this player but I have to clarify a fundamental doubt about the power output of headphone jacks (both unbalanced and balanced).
I use the following Iems and headphones:
JH Audio Michelle
JH Audio Rosie
Denon AH-D7200 (impedance of 32 but likes the loud volume)
I'm a bit deaf and I like to listen at a high volume.
I suppose that with JH there should be no problem but with the Denon I do not have anything clear.
Any ideas?
I would also like to know if there is a balanced output adapter of 4'4 to balanced cable of 2'5 which are the ones that come in the JH Audio.
Thank you
http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/interconnect.html

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #7,046 of 12,862
Amazon japan isn't seeling ZX300 no more, you can only buy it from marketplace.
I was about to buy it, but now I can't.
Is there a new DAP incoming ?
Usually if there are new models they release information first and you'd hear about it on here. Accessory Jack is a reputable online store with sometimes free shipping.

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #7,047 of 12,862
My zx300 is caught in a restart loop and I can't seem to start it up :confounded:

I have looked around but no one seems to have any solutions. Has anyone here had the same problem and figured it out? I feel like I am loosing my mind...

How can the OS be so fragile? Makes me kinda wary to get a replacement... So sad, I loved that thing!

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #7,048 of 12,862
My zx300 is caught in a restart loop and I can't seem to start it up :confounded:

I have looked around but no one seems to have any solutions. Has anyone here had the same problem and figured it out? I feel like I am loosing my mind...

How can the OS be so fragile? Makes me kinda wary to get a replacement... So sad, I loved that thing!

Hi,
I’ve two units with the same problem as you....
i send them back to the seller and he gave them to Sony: they replaced the « Logic Board » as warranty and now problem solved but the only solution is to change the logic board if you are in constant bootloop :frowning2:

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #7,049 of 12,862
Hi,
I’ve two units with the same problem as you....
i send them back to the seller and he gave them to Sony: they replaced the « Logic Board » as warranty and now problem solved but the only solution is to change the logic board if you are in constant bootloop :frowning2:

Is this a regular problem? Those who has bought from Joybuy can't have warranty, right? Is there anyway to fix this with update? My one is being shipped. Let's see what I have in luck...

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #7,050 of 12,862
Well, i have the same problem with wm1a, i cant solve it.

Some other guy with the problem had luck updating the firmware to an older version.

Some other guy, sony told him no replacement for you since your out of warranty, send it to repair center, and repair center said sony doesnt want to give board programming software, so he was stuck in between.

I got it used from japan, and sony wouldnt take it from me, sony japan said i must send it from within japan and i dont live there, i have no one there.

Very frustrating given the money spent on them, very bad service, since it seems a fault with the device.

On the other side alot are enjoying their devices with no problems :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back