Sony NW-ZX300
Jul 23, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #7,051 of 12,862
Well, i have the same problem with wm1a, i cant solve it.

Some other guy with the problem had luck updating the firmware to an older version.

Some other guy, sony told him no replacement for you since your out of warranty, send it to repair center, and repair center said sony doesnt want to give board programming software, so he was stuck in between.

I got it used from japan, and sony wouldnt take it from me, sony japan said i must send it from within japan and i dont live there, i have no one there.

Very frustrating given the money spent on them, very bad service, since it seems a fault with the device.

On the other side alot are enjoying their devices with no problems :D

probably thats the explanation of many second hand sales of ZX-300 and WM series. I saw almost 20+ pcs of ZX300 most are like new used on Taobao!

Anyways, already bought it, it's being shipped, lets see...

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #7,052 of 12,862
Hi,
I’ve two units with the same problem as you....
i send them back to the seller and he gave them to Sony: they replaced the « Logic Board » as warranty and now problem solved but the only solution is to change the logic board if you are in constant bootloop :frowning2:

Thanks for replying :)

Now wth is a logic board? I gave up android daps so I wouldn't have to play software engineer and now this....I just want to listen to my music dammit! This all happened because the unit was stuck deleting a folder and I restarted it. That is a extremely vulnerable system, if that is all it take to brick it.

Mine is also from Joybuy and not only that, it is modded by Music-Sanctuary @Kozato in Singapore. Maybe They can do it for a fee?

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #7,053 of 12,862

Now wth is a logic board? I gave up android daps so I wouldn't have to play software engineer and now this....I just want to listen to my music dammit! This all happened because the unit was stuck deleting a folder and I restarted it. That is a extremely vulnerable system, if that is all it take to brick it.

Mine is also from Joybuy and not only that, it is modded by Music-Sanctuary @Kozato in Singapore. Maybe They can do it for a fee?

My wm1a was stuck at database update, so i restarted it, then stuck in a boot loop.

Jul 23, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #7,054 of 12,862
A folder from internal memory? Or external?

Jul 23, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #7,058 of 12,862
A few members were having this problem over at the WM1 thread and IIRC they repeatedly tried to flash the FW and for some that worked. However, this is perhaps at best a work around.

Jul 23, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #7,060 of 12,862
@Blommen Just like you would flash it if it were working normally. The trick it to catch the device when it is starting up and before it enters the boot loop (when the waves appear). The gentleman i am referring to tried it several times before successfully getting the job done.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #7,061 of 12,862
Well, i have the same problem with wm1a, i cant solve it.

Some other guy with the problem had luck updating the firmware to an older version.

Some other guy, sony told him no replacement for you since your out of warranty, send it to repair center, and repair center said sony doesnt want to give board programming software, so he was stuck in between.

I got it used from japan, and sony wouldnt take it from me, sony japan said i must send it from within japan and i dont live there, i have no one there.

Very frustrating given the money spent on them, very bad service, since it seems a fault with the device.

On the other side alot are enjoying their devices with no problems :D
I don't see how you can actually blame Sony Japan for their service, Sony has always operate after service warranty, in a regional way, and since you purchased a Japanese version, you were expecting warranty issue, if ever it had a problem, They are willing to repair it if you are within warranty period, but you have to be in Japan for their service center or, mail in repair is only available for domestic version or sent from a local address, if you purchased a tourist version, you should have a international warranty card for worldwide warranty service. Even without warranty, you can pay for the repair, in Japan or in your home country, they are willing to accept it.

I have both the ZX300 and ZX2, both the Japanese version and both purchased in Japan, nothing wrong with my ZX300, but I had my ZX2 change the LCD screen (it was my problem, the damage was my fault) and since they was going to do the repair, I had them to change the battery as well, it cost me a total approximate 22000 YEN (USD 200), a lot, but every time in Japan for holiday I'm willing to spend money, even if it's for repair, in my home country, Hong Kong, the same repair cost less, but I'm not will to pull the amount of cash out.

So that you know, why the ZX300 cost so cheap, the quality is not up to the standard of the ZX2 or the WM1A/1Z.

No hard feeling, just trying to explain a bit on how Sony do their work, and so you know, I will never have any Sony stuff repaired in Hong Kong, the worst customer service, same with Samsung. That why I'm willing to pay more and have them done in Japan.

I'm in Japan this November and will be visiting the Sony center for some spare part, I have already contacted them in advance so they have the parts available during my visit.

On a side note, have you contact Sony in your country, some times they will repair out of good will if it's still in warranty period for free.

Jul 23, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #7,062 of 12,862
My zx300 is caught in a restart loop and I can't seem to start it up :confounded:

I have looked around but no one seems to have any solutions. Has anyone here had the same problem and figured it out? I feel like I am loosing my mind...

How can the OS be so fragile? Makes me kinda wary to get a replacement... So sad, I loved that thing!

Just want to check is the restart loop due to firmware update ? If yes then most likely I will not update mine to prevent this. Kindly advice

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #7,063 of 12,862
Battery life: I only use my DAP on weekends, so it is taking a while to get a routine going.
My last full charge gave me five hours of high gain SE use, five hours of high gain balanced use and then three and a half hours of high gain balanced use. It was down to one bar for quite a while and never actually died. I am very happy with that battery life.
Recharging time appears to be two hours or less. I have not been monitoring it closely.

Liking this machine more all the time.

Shane D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back