Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Oct 7, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #1,246 of 1,999
Can anyone let me know how to enable the digital record feature on the A45 please ? I remember reading earlier on in the thread this can be done using the hack tool and changing the region to Japan, is that all that needs to be done ?

Also what file format does the player record in ? And is it pretty simple to find the language change menu once in Japanese ?

Thanks

Edit - changed via the tool. Language stayed in English and record menu present.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #1,250 of 1,999
I haven't got time to search through all the threads,can anyone tell me if there is a firmware/software update that takes care of the low volume.
Ive tried the command prompt way and im not getting anywhere...
Thanks in advance,Matt. :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #1,251 of 1,999
I haven't got time to search through all the threads,can anyone tell me if there is a firmware/software update that takes care of the low volume.
Ive tried the command prompt way and im not getting anywhere...
Thanks in advance,Matt. :)
I could help you, but that would literally mean me doing your work and unless you are going to pay the invoice, you can do it yourself. This has been covered in this very thread and there is a search function. Keywords: volume limit, euro, rockbox.

You are still going to have to actually read the rockbox site, and I would strongly recommend you wait until you DO have time lest you stuff it up. Good day, sir.

Oct 11, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,253 of 1,999
Update for the interested: contacted Sony, they directed me to a local service partner in The netherlands. I contacted them, and they told me it was better to just return it at the store. Went to the store, they didnt replace it (they did last time), but now they had to send it to Sony for repairs. So i will be waiting for that.

They replaced the whole main board.. for a bootloop caused by a software mistake (or so it seems).
They unit worked, but they did crappy job of closing it back up again so I left it at the store to get that looked at. I want it back in the same state as I brought it in...

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,255 of 1,999
I don't think it has the hardware to do it so no firmware could give it that function. A45 is probably done with firmware updates most likely. Only 1.10 AFAIK for a few little issues and one bigger thing, aptX HD BT codec support. They don't seem to think it needs anything else like, maybe, FM tuning/preset control with the buttons like every other Sony player before this series has had, lol.

Oct 31, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #1,257 of 1,999
Guys im new in sony party ,planning to buy nwa45 for the first time, i want to ask about charging they not come with charging adapter, when i check out in their official website guide they must to charging via computer usb, while in my case i dont use my computer recently, and im only have my phone adapter which is a samsung travel adapter its 5V 1A, so its is good enough / recommended for charge? Or i suppose buy sony wall adapter?(5V 2.1A)
Thanks in advanced

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #1,258 of 1,999
Guys im new in sony party ,planning to buy nwa45 for the first time, i want to ask about charging they not come with charging adapter, when i check out in their official website guide they must to charging via computer usb, while in my case i dont use my computer recently, and im only have my phone adapter which is a samsung travel adapter its 5V 1A, so its is good enough / recommended for charge? Or i suppose buy sony wall adapter?(5V 2.1A)
Thanks in advanced
It doesn't need anything special, it will be able to charge from any usb port. :)
I'm not sure if it even supports 'fast charging', I expect not.

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #1,259 of 1,999
it wil charge from most chargers. 5v 1a is fine. in fact it's supposed to be better for lithium batteries to slow charge them. fast chargers are great but they do lessen the longevity of the battery.

sony so has a battery care option to eliminate over charging and maintaining max charge all the time which lessens the battery longevity as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back