Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Sep 13, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #1,231 of 1,999
Quick question.
I can find A-35 at €140 while A-45 is at €200, local retail shipping and taxes included
Is it worth to go for the more expensive and newer model or A-35 will be equally good soundwise?
I don't care for BT, just good navigation and no problems with the FW,
I will use it exclusively with IEMs (iBasso IT01) and as portable, so battery is important

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #1,232 of 1,999
Am I the only stupid enought to (accidentally) interrupt the 'Creating Database' by squeezing the power button?
My NW45 was reset during update of the database and now it just keeps rebooting... :frowning2:

(I synced, unplugged and walked out the door with player in hand. I grabbed my bike and noticed I was squeezing the player and also holding down the power button. Now it is stuck in bootloop.)

Update for the interested: contacted Sony, they directed me to a local service partner in The netherlands. I contacted them, and they told me it was better to just return it at the store. Went to the store, they didnt replace it (they did last time), but now they had to send it to Sony for repairs. So i will be waiting for that.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,233 of 1,999
Quick question.
I can find A-35 at €140 while A-45 is at €200, local retail shipping and taxes included
Is it worth to go for the more expensive and newer model or A-35 will be equally good soundwise?
I don't care for BT, just good navigation and no problems with the FW,
I will use it exclusively with IEMs (iBasso IT01) and as portable, so battery is important

The A50 (A45, A46 etc) is already out and will hit the shelves any day now.
This might mean the price for the A4 series will drop soon.

But is you are eager to get one you can safely buy the A35 because there wont be a change in sound quality and user friendlyness between A30-A40-A50.
The A35 is a great sounding and very user friendly device.

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #1,234 of 1,999

But is you are eager to get one you can safely buy the A35 because there wont be a change in sound quality and user friendlyness between A30-A40-A50.

Thanks for the update, I don't think that A50 will arrive anytime before April in Europe and probably September to any of my retail stores, so I won't really wait for it.
Also the prices are not dropping a lot since A40 is still at it's launching price, so no high expectations, either.
If the extra 60eur do not justify the difference between A30 and A40 I might go for the older DAP, unless you think differently!

Sep 13, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #1,235 of 1,999
Thanks for the update, I don't think that A50 will arrive anytime before April in Europe and probably September to any of my retail stores, so I won't really wait for it.
Also the prices are not dropping a lot since A40 is still at it's launching price, so no high expectations, either.
If the extra 60eur do not justify the difference between A30 and A40 I might go for the older DAP, unless you think differently!
I don't need the added features the 40 series has but this is about you.
When you also don't need them, and I think you already mentioned that in your original post, the choice is clear.
Since the model is officially outdated it might be wise to make sure you have good warranty.

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #1,237 of 1,999
Does anyone know if the WMC-NWR1 recording cable can be used vice versa as a digital line out ? As I wanted to send the digital signal straight to my headphones DAC to process. Thanks

No, it can't. There is a different adapter for this purpose but I'm not sure it is true line-out. Wouldn't this still be analogue, anyway?
Instructions just recommend disable all EQ and sound effects and send max volume to input of amps etc but you'd probably blow your head off doing that to your headphones.

Anyway, google
WM-Port LOD Line Out Dock

For the adapter you're looking for.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #1,240 of 1,999
Hello, I am very new in the audiophile theme and I would like to buy a DAP to be able to take the music that I have in FLAC everywhere without needing the smartphone.
I came across the DAP of sony, my question is is it recommended the A40? They are around 200 dollars but I do not know if they are pure design and sound there are much better things.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,241 of 1,999
Hello, I am very new in the audiophile theme and I would like to buy a DAP to be able to take the music that I have in FLAC everywhere without needing the smartphone.
I came across the DAP of sony, my question is is it recommended the A40? They are around 200 dollars but I do not know if they are pure design and sound there are much better things.
The device is very user friendly, good looking and sounding, full of features, practical and of great quality.
I say; get one!

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #1,242 of 1,999
Can this Sony device work as USB DAC (sound card) for Windows 10 PC, transmitting via Bluetooth with LDAC to Sony headphones?

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,243 of 1,999
The device is very user friendly, good looking and sounding, full of features, practical and of great quality.
I say; get one!
Genia, thank you very much. In November a friend leaves for the United States and I'm going to ask for a DAP, where I can buy it at a good price and if it could be that it comes with headphones, it's already in the box or a promo.

Sep 25, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #1,244 of 1,999

I confirm this!
yes3.gif

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #1,245 of 1,999
so far I'm loving the nw-a45. however, unless it's placebo, i feel it's a bit brighter than some of my reference amps. I'm very curious if it's an output impedance thing. does anyone on the planet know what the output impedance is? or someone that can measure it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back