Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Apr 8, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #817 of 1,999
I went with the iGadgitz frosted-clear silicone case and screen protector for $7.50 and now I can toss it around and not worry about it as much. Both the case and protector fit and work well.

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #818 of 1,999
I went with the iGadgitz frosted-clear silicone case and screen protector for $7.50 and now I can toss it around and not worry about it as much. Both the case and protector fit and work well.

I ordered a TPU rubber case off Amazon for mine and a pack of screen protectors. I like the TPU rubber because it's smooth and won't stick in your pocket or collect lint although some silicone is anti-static and doesn't collect dust.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #819 of 1,999
You probably already made up your mind but I gave you some bad information that I should clarify for everyone.

Only the INITIAL load on 200+GB takes 5-10 minutes. Restarting your device only takes a few seconds.

That would be very annoying if every restart had to completely rebuild the library. That is simply untrue. It does NOT.

However, if you swap between 2 different cards it will rebuild the library each time.

Thanks, no problem. Actually I was on the road again for my job for a couple of weeks and didn't do anything. Had my FiiO X3III and Shure 215s with me. Sounded great but still not getting enough volume from the Shures over the balanced connection. I will probably try the Sony and give it to my wife if I don't like it, since she is a more casual music listener.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #821 of 1,999
Has anyone purchased their A45 or anything else from a store called Accessory Jack? It's located in Hong Kong and they have good prices on the A45 plus free shipping all over the world. I might try them out.
I did and I found the service excellent.

It took a while for them to get stock, but I still had it a long time before I could have bought one here in the UK.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #822 of 1,999
I did and I found the device excellent.

It took a while for them to get stock, but I still had it a long time before I could have bought one here in the UK.

Well they seem to have all colors in stock now and I can't find anything bad about them online so I think I'll give them a try. It's the only DAP that I want after looking at all the others out there (that I can afford) and It should be nice to use coming from the Fiio X1II which I've been using for a year and a half.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #823 of 1,999
Well they seem to have all colors in stock now and I can't find anything bad about them online so I think I'll give them a try. It's the only DAP that I want after looking at all the others out there (that I can afford) and It should be nice to use coming from the Fiio X1II which I've been using for a year and a half.
Sorry, I meant to say that I found the service excellent rather than the device! I have updated the original post.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #825 of 1,999
Has anyone purchased their A45 or anything else from a store called Accessory Jack? It's located in Hong Kong and they have good prices on the A45 plus free shipping all over the world. I might try them out.

I bought mine from them after being a little concerned as well. The concern was not necessary. They were quick on the shipping, and the item was as described. Just know that if you require any warranty service you have to send it back to them at your expense. Warranty is issued in Hong Kong. I took the gamble because they had the best prices and the color I wanted. Sony products have in general held up well for me. So hopefully I wont ever need the warranty service. It's only for a year anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back