Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #781 of 1,998
I don't have these issues with the X5II nor X3III so maybe later firmware fixed it or who knows...

That would be very annoying. I have 2x256G cards filled on my x5II and would have at least a full 256G card in any new player. Thanks guys

You probably already made up your mind but I gave you some bad information that I should clarify for everyone.

Only the INITIAL load on 200+GB takes 5-10 minutes. Restarting your device only takes a few seconds.

That would be very annoying if every restart had to completely rebuild the library. That is simply untrue. It does NOT.

However, if you swap between 2 different cards it will rebuild the library each time.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #782 of 1,998
One thing I can tell you is that the A45 sound is a lot brighter then the A17. Like a lot lol.. If I didn’t sold my A17 before I bought the a45, I would probably have just kept both..

I have not heard that from others who own the A45 and I am sure iem's/headphones used are a factor. Also the sound should settle some with extended use. That is why I never buy a DAP without demoing first as user opinions and gear used to listen vary greatly.

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #784 of 1,998
Hi everyone! Does anyone have information on:

1) The output impedance of these? Looking for sub 1ohm if possible so that they match well with efficient IEMs (since power output looks quite low)
2) Anyone used these with the Pinnacle P1/PX or headphones like the HD600? I'm worried these don't have enough power to drive them to a good volume.

Thank you!

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #786 of 1,998

1) The output impedance of these? Looking for sub 1ohm if possible so that they match well with efficient IEMs (since power output looks quite low)
2) Anyone used these with the Pinnacle P1/PX or headphones like the HD600? I'm worried these don't have enough power to drive them to a good volume.

Thank you!

Thank you!
P1 is fine, Hd600 Amp pls

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #793 of 1,998
I'm getting about 14 hours of battery life using ANC Bluetooth LDAC volume 80-90%. Wired gives me about the same if I leave the Bluetooth on on the A45. If I go into the settings and turn off BT, getting about 20-24 hours wired using ANC volume 95-100. Most of my files are LAME 320, but 1/4 of them are FLAC.

Mar 31, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #794 of 1,998
How's the sound compared to what you had? Does the s master amp over smoothen tracks?

Well compared to my Modi Multibit & Project Polaris stack---->Coaxial Digital Cable ---->PC Not as good. But next to my LG V10 Quad Dac and Microsoft Zune it sounds awesome! It does feel more musical because it does a better job with sound staging where V10 everything is kind of in your face. Definitely a keeper.

Mar 31, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #795 of 1,998
I'm getting about 14 hours of battery life using ANC Bluetooth LDAC volume 80-90%. Wired gives me about the same if I leave the Bluetooth on on the A45. If I go into the settings and turn off BT, getting about 20-24 hours wired using ANC volume 95-100. Most of my files are LAME 320, but 1/4 of them are FLAC.

Thanks for sharing!

Well compared to my Modi Multibit & Project Polaris stack---->Coaxial Digital Cable ---->PC Not as good. But next to my LG V10 Quad Dac and Microsoft Zune it sounds awesome! It does feel more musical because it does a better job with sound staging where V10 everything is kind of in your face. Definitely a keeper.

Haha I'm not stretching for a desktop setup anytime soon. That's interesting regarding the V10, I am on the V20. In terms of sound signature did you pick up anything, like is the SABRE on the V10 more bright/glary in the treble or that's not an issue for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back