1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by bizkid, Jul 11, 2017.
First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last
  1. jamor
    You probably already made up your mind but I gave you some bad information that I should clarify for everyone.

Only the INITIAL load on 200+GB takes 5-10 minutes. Restarting your device only takes a few seconds.

That would be very annoying if every restart had to completely rebuild the library. That is simply untrue. It does NOT.

However, if you swap between 2 different cards it will rebuild the library each time.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. fish1050
    I have not heard that from others who own the A45 and I am sure iem's/headphones used are a factor. Also the sound should settle some with extended use. That is why I never buy a DAP without demoing first as user opinions and gear used to listen vary greatly.

3. BadReligionPunk
    I thought you could use eq over Bluetooth, but you had to reset to SBC. Don't have my A45 nearby, so cant check right now.

4. gemmoglock
    Hi everyone! Does anyone have information on:

1) The output impedance of these? Looking for sub 1ohm if possible so that they match well with efficient IEMs (since power output looks quite low)
    2) Anyone used these with the Pinnacle P1/PX or headphones like the HD600? I'm worried these don't have enough power to drive them to a good volume.

Thank you!

5. BadReligionPunk
    Nope cant use anything over Bluetooth with A45. LAME! :triportsad:

6. chinerino
    P1 is fine, Hd600 Amp pls

7. jamor
    No this isn't designed for 300 ohm cans.

8. gemmoglock
    Thanks! The Pinnacle P1 is 50oums, 96db sensitivity. Does that sound alright?

9. jamor
    Yea that'll be great.

10. gemmoglock
    By any chance do you know what the output impedance of the A45 is? And is the battery life advertised accurate?

11. jamor
    I just got mine but so far the battery life feels pretty impressive.

12. gemmoglock
    How's the sound compared to what you had? Does the s master amp over smoothen tracks?

13. BadReligionPunk
    I'm getting about 14 hours of battery life using ANC Bluetooth LDAC volume 80-90%. Wired gives me about the same if I leave the Bluetooth on on the A45. If I go into the settings and turn off BT, getting about 20-24 hours wired using ANC volume 95-100. Most of my files are LAME 320, but 1/4 of them are FLAC.

14. jamor
    Well compared to my Modi Multibit & Project Polaris stack---->Coaxial Digital Cable ---->PC Not as good. But next to my LG V10 Quad Dac and Microsoft Zune it sounds awesome! It does feel more musical because it does a better job with sound staging where V10 everything is kind of in your face. Definitely a keeper.

15. gemmoglock
    Thanks for sharing!

Haha I'm not stretching for a desktop setup anytime soon. That's interesting regarding the V10, I am on the V20. In terms of sound signature did you pick up anything, like is the SABRE on the V10 more bright/glary in the treble or that's not an issue for you?

First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63
Next

Last