Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jul 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #1,246 of 4,748
You guys are making me want to sell my dog to hear some of these. If I wasn't buying a camera tomorrow, I'd be watching UPS tracking numbers right now.

Where can you get the FX700 for ~$270 anyway?

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,247 of 4,748
@ericp10: Guess my money's safe then.
etysmile.gif
Welcome to the ZWNERS my friend.
beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #1,248 of 4,748

Quote:
You guys are making me want to sell my dog to hear some of these. If I wasn't buying a camera tomorrow, I'd be watching UPS tracking numbers right now.

Shame on you! You bought a dog before the Sony's?
tongue.gif
 J/K

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,249 of 4,748
Jul 18, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #1,250 of 4,748

Quote:

Someone in the for sale forum has them going for $250
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562000/ultrasone-hfi-780-sony-mdr-v6-ie7-and-jvc-fx-700-for-sale-or-trade-for-ad900
and this head-fier for $299
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562881/fs-jvc-victor-ha-fx700-woody-iem

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,251 of 4,748

Quote:
Hahaha... "Beat Audio"... I look at that carp and I an only LOL.
You're getting ripped-off big time. This is the same thing selling in China. Price in CNY.
Some people are so gullible.

No one has ordered the beat audio cable from www.custom-iem.com since after some research it was shown that they require you to send in the EX600/800/1000 cable, however, that is still more than your taobao link offers, btw is taobao a respectable seller, or is it a marketplace with all kinds of sellers and fakes?
www.custom-iem.com (Unique Melody) is probably the most highly respected (in the west) earphone company hailing from China, perhaps you should send them an email with subject "LOL" and ask them why they're ripping you off and share your taobao link? Lol. 

Quote:
Multi-BA are even worse in this regard. As an experience with multi-driver speakers, crossover networks do not like a bunch of resistance in front of them. No no no. No rhubarb in their cake.

Yes, ok, that explains why all Shure SE425 users that have tried an extra 75 ohm resistance are pleased with the results so far.

Quote:
An update- I've been emailing with Stephen Guo from UM and to get an upgrade cable from Beat Audio you have to send in your current Sony cable so they can cut the connectors off to make the new one

Ok, thanks for the update, so it's basically just a cable 'reshell' then Lol.  Maybe they should buy some EX600 cables in bulk and, you know, actually sell some EX600/800/1000 cable replacements, oh well.... cables are just a novelty anyway, sorry for getting some people excited.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,252 of 4,748
First reply: The link that I posted is the Official Beat Audio "store" on Taobao. Unless they're using ultra-pure silver in your Custom-IEM sold cable while somehow wanting to have the same look... And then there's this. Oh, of course, if you believe in cables, I shall save you the trouble and kick my own ass outta here.
Second reply: Yes, ok, have you tried SE530?

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #1,253 of 4,748
Okay, I am 100 percent convinced about the Zo!! I has just made the EX600 my favorite universal I've ever owned or heard!! This is how I would have tuned the EX600. Deep subwoofer bass (when called for), thicker fuller notes, yet not impede on the mids or treble. Although if you turn the bass high (into the red level) it will cut in on the treble some, but trust me when I say you won't even need to get out green (the lowest or minimum level of bass) to give the EX600 a deep rich tone. I don't know how they did it, but the Zo is one of the best audio investments I've ever made (even more so than the Fiio E7/ E9). I can't really put what it does in words, people who like decent clean lows (and want to control the quantity) will just have to hear what the Zo can do themselves. Thank you to the fellas who first told me about the Zo. A thousand thank yous!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #1,254 of 4,748
Special special special thank you to shotgunshane. He is actually the main and first head-fier to turn me on to the Zo. Blessings to you @ shotgunshane!! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #1,256 of 4,748
Where can I buy the Zo? (I'm in Canada)

Thanks

Quote:
Okay, I am 100 percent convinced about the Zo!! I has just made the EX600 my favorite universal I've ever owned or heard!! This is how I would have tuned the EX600. Deep subwoofer bass (when called for), thicker fuller notes, yet not impede on the mids or treble. Although if you turn the bass high (into the red level) it will cut in on the treble some, but trust me when I say you won't even need to get out green (the lowest or minimum level of bass) to give the EX600 a deep rich tone. I don't know how they did it, but the Zo is one of the best audio investments I've ever made (even more so than the Fiio E7/ E9). I can't really put what it does in words, people who like decent clean lows (and want to control the quantity) will just have to hear what the Zo can do themselves. Thank you to the fellas who first told me about the Zo. A thousand thank yous!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #1,257 of 4,748
Jul 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #1,258 of 4,748
Special special special thank you to shotgunshane. He is actually the main and first head-fier to turn me on to the Zo. Blessings to you @ shotgunshane!! 
beerchug.gif

Likewise! It was shotgun who PM'ed me about the Zo, and for that, I'm forever grateful! :D

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,260 of 4,748

Quote:
First reply: The link that I posted is the Official Beat Audio "store" on Taobao. Unless they're using ultra-pure silver in your Custom-IEM sold cable while somehow wanting to have the same look... And then there's this. Oh, of course, if you believe in cables, I shall save you the trouble and kick my own ass outta here.
Second reply: Yes, ok, have you tried SE530?

Ok, if it's the official beat audio store I'll accept that custom-iem is charging a premium for the same cable then. How do I buy stuff from taobao? I've found a couple interesting earbuds there, that claim to be on or above Yuin level.

I vaguely believe in cables, of course a DAP, Dac, Amp, eartip etc. will have more effect on the sound quality, but a cable is also a link in the chain and the purity or material will - to an extent - have an affect on the sound quality, and some cables look cool, I thought the yellow cable with MDR-7550 would look cool, purely fashion.

I've briefly tried the Shure SE210, SE425 & SE535.  I really liked the SE210, apart from the fact it's the most bass-light IEM I've ever heard, the mids and highs were exceptional.  I tried the SE535 for the first time yesterday, and it's made me scared of $400+ IEM's!!  I really thought it would sound better than the SE425, and it most certainly did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back