Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Apr 26, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #4,427 of 4,748
Only this :)

Attachments

• sony_ex1000_06.jpg
    sony_ex1000_06.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #4,429 of 4,748
I wonder why no one has bothered to swap out the socket to MMCX ?
this socked is really very good
I think one of the best in any iems I had , it is very durable
protects the cable perfectly
another issue is that it is not practical enough and only used here but I am satisfied, this original cable is excellent and is a 7N-OFC Litz cord with extremely high purity (99.99999%).

Apr 26, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #4,430 of 4,748
I wonder why no one has bothered to swap out the socket to MMCX ?

Nobody wants to accidently kill their ex1000. Easier and safer to just buy the adapters, cheap or expensive is up to the user. I have the cheap ones coming and will just leave them installed permanently so i dont accidently screw up the threads on the ex1k itself.

May 7, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #4,432 of 4,748
So for the last 3-4 months I have almost only listened to music on the IER-Z1R.
Yesterday I downloaded some new music and decided to break out the EX1000`s again and my God they are still in a league of their own!
I`m actually sorry for having neglected them these last months :p

I was rocking and jamming to these new tracks and when I listened to them on the IER-Z1R afterwards I was like; meh... sounds ok I guess^^

So I would still recommend these babies on the highest level.. In some cases they actually sound better then the IER :)

May 7, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4,433 of 4,748
Lately I've been using the EX1000 intensively again, basically to listen to classical music. Since I have never had a problem with the highs of this IEM, I decided to remove the foam that protects the driver and to use his own tips instead of the Spiral Dots that I had used until now. I don't know if it will be a placebo effect, but I like them more than ever. See if I have been hooked again that I have bought other EX1000 to keep. For classical music, without a doubt, they surpass the Andromeda and the M9 (which my father has ended up staying).

Happy confinement to all!

May 7, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #4,434 of 4,748
So for the last 3-4 months I have almost only listened to music on the IER-Z1R.
Yesterday I downloaded some new music and decided to break out the EX1000`s again and my God they are still in a league of their own!
I`m actually sorry for having neglected them these last months :p

I was rocking and jamming to these new tracks and when I listened to them on the IER-Z1R afterwards I was like; meh... sounds ok I guess^^

So I would still recommend these babies on the highest level.. In some cases they actually sound better then the IER :)

Agreed :) the Z1R is great but the EX1000 has some magic that can’t be replicated. Orchestral music sounds phenomenal with these. String instruments are so textured and lifelike. And the mid bass is punchier than the Z1R.

May 7, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #4,435 of 4,748
Lately I've been using the EX1000 intensively again, basically to listen to classical music. Since I have never had a problem with the highs of this IEM, I decided to remove the foam that protects the driver and to use his own tips instead of the Spiral Dots that I had used until now. I don't know if it will be a placebo effect, but I like them more than ever. See if I have been hooked again that I have bought other EX1000 to keep. For classical music, without a doubt, they surpass the Andromeda and the M9 (which my father has ended up staying).

The Andromeda S & M9’s treble is less fatiguing so they can generally be listened for more extended periods, but they lack that DD texture of the EX1K.

I wish Sony brought out a new single DD with a fit like M9 and slightly tamed treble peak. Ideally I’d like to see a Sony lineup with 1 single DD, 1 multi BA & 1 hybrid. Basically just get rid of the M7 and replace it with a single DD :)

Last edited:
May 7, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #4,437 of 4,748

this is also true :)
I removed the filter from the nozzle.
The sound is more dynamic, a bit more raw in the sound seems more faithful to instruments, there are more emotions and goodies in music ,making them even more special.
I recommend especially for those who have 1z my favorite setting is
/3.02 /spring firmware / U region
especially in combination with single ended / SE.
I'm on Direct Soutce and also High Gain off
this gives me the most balanced sound from 1z /ex1000

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #4,438 of 4,748
this is also true :)
I removed the filter from the nozzle.
The sound is more dynamic, a bit more raw in the sound seems more faithful to instruments, there are more emotions and goodies in music ,making them even more special.
I recommend especially for those who have 1z my favorite setting is
/3.02 /spring firmware / U region
especially in combination with single ended / SE.
I'm on Direct Soutce and also High Gain off
this gives me the most balanced sound from 1z /ex1000

I'll try normal gain on balanced, with the EX1000 I always have used high gain. My firmware on WM1A it's one of the first that were released (maybe the Sun, don't remember...) but I already stopped trying the following ones.

May 8, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #4,439 of 4,748
I own the EXK and more recently got my hands on a set of Z1R's and I think they complement each other perfectly and excel at different things. To be totally honest I can't really decide which one I like more but that's the opposite of a problem. I've gone through so many 'fotm' sets throughout the years and only the EXK has remained in my collection over the last 7 years so I guess that says something :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #4,440 of 4,748
I own the EXK and more recently got my hands on a set of Z1R's and I think they complement each other perfectly and excel at different things. To be totally honest I can't really decide which one I like more but that's the opposite of a problem. I've gone through so many 'fotm' sets throughout the years and only the EXK has remained in my collection over the last 7 years so I guess that says something :jecklinsmile:
What are you using as source? I found the EX1k to be quite demanding to demonstrate the bass power and extension it is capable of. Compared Chord Mojo with lesser sources and the difference was huge with the EX1k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back