Someone put an end to my IEM frustration.
Jul 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:
Sounds like my best bet is to wait until the end of the month and buy whatever IEM is available at the time out of the GR07, EPH-100, B2
by the sounds of it (no pun) i would be happy with any of the above choices.
I might see if mp4nation can get some DBA-02s and not reshell them, personally i think the DBA-02 look amazing lol

I was going to mention how the RE-Zero is pretty much what you're looking for, but now that you're considering the B2 I would go with that. I have the RE-Zero and my B2 is on pre-order. The B2 isn't a re-shell, it's basically a DBA-02 MKI with different colors and more accessories. Only downside seems to be that the cable stiffens over time.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #32 of 35
Can someone give me a direct comparison of the EPH-100 and the Rockit R-50?  I've had the EPH-100 and returned it because it has excessive bass (for my taste) and there was something about the treble (oddly artifical) and mid balance that didn't please me.  I'd love to hear how the R-50's are different.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #33 of 35
I have both and your right about the treble of the EPH-100 sounding kinda artificial.  The R-50's treble is very detail with good extension and non fatiguing it also sound natural.  The mids are balanced, detailed and very resolving and the bass is perfect imo with good impact and depth an its also very detailed with good decay times for a BA.  The soundstage is also better than the EPH-100 with good width, depth and height and the imaging and separation is great.  All in all its better than the EPH-100 in SQ and its very well built to, I think they way you described the EPH-100 that the R-50 would have a sound signature you'd really enjoy.

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #35 of 35
I got my R-50 today and had to listen to it, even though I haven't given it any burn in time at all (not sure BA's really change that much from burn in).  My first impressions are cautiously optimistic.  The bass level is far less than than the EPH-100 (Which I thought was too high) but is a bit lower than I had hoped.  Treble is very promenant, almost too much so, but sounds much more natural than the EPH-100 did.  There is a little bit of sibilance if turned up too far.  The mids are very nice and don't have any odd peaks.  They remind me a lot of the RE-ZERO IEM I tried and almost kept.  The difference there is that the mids are much more acceptable to what I like, probably less forward than the RE-ZERO.  So far I just added a little bass boost on my computer (need to try the ipod) and I think these may do the trick.  I do love the sound stage and the detailing.  Bass oriented folks will probably not be satisfied, but that's just my opinion.

Techno Kid, did you find the R-50's change much after use?  Any comments on different tips?  I was surprised at how small the opening on these were compared to the others I've tried recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back