Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5,988 of 41,119
Quote:
The tubes are exposed, the thing is black with little red details, it's big and bulky, what in gods name can people dislike on it?

I cant say I dislike it per se, but I love when tube are on top of the amp. The way LF looks is less appealing to me than the look of Zana Deux SE or WA2 for example (I consider black WA2 to be one the best looking amps I have seen so far).

May 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #5,990 of 41,119
Quote:
You'd be surprised how many people hate the way it looks. I like it personally. Tube windows are fun.

It's definitely a polarizing piece of gear. It looks like @$$ to me though. Much prefer the sexiness of a Woo Audio or Eddie Current amp. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #5,992 of 41,119
Quote:
I love the way Woo gear looks but EC stuff has never caught my eye.

I used to say that, until I saw a few good picks of a Balancing Act. Super swinging sexy looking piece of gear.

May 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #5,993 of 41,119
black + red = 1980's crappy design cliche. The verizon checkmark of doom logo, comes to mind. Nothing sexy. 

I don't mind the LF, personally, but it is not really what I would call a great looking design - more akin to the signage on the kung-fu school near my house, than a piece of high end audio gear (the yin yang is probably partially at fault). Lacks, subtlety, maybe... 

May 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #5,994 of 41,119
The LF looks like an engineer designed it and not some art house obsessed with design type person.  Aesthetically it could be improved if that is your thing.  Personally I like the engineering look, gives it a "I'm here for serious business" look.

May 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5,997 of 41,119
The red knob is a bit much, but I don't mind the rest of the LF's aesthetics.

May 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #5,998 of 41,119
Quote:
The LF looks like an engineer designed it and not some art house obsessed with design type person.  Aesthetically it could be improved if that is your thing.  Personally I like the engineering look, gives it a "I'm here for serious business" look.

The Zana Deux looks like an engineer designed it. 

the LF looks like an engineer who thinks he's a graphic designer, and likes kung-fu movies, designed it.

Speaking as a designer by trade - I'd be lying if I said that wasn't at least a little important to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back