Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #196 of 41,083
I get it, I just don't buy it. To each their own I guess 
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #197 of 41,083

Quote:
I get it, I just don't buy it. To each their own I guess 
biggrin.gif

My hero!  Its all about the individual in this hobby.  Sure we like to congregate in mass meets where we open portals to other dimensions of audio nirvana, but at the end of the day, it's me in my chair alone with music and beer.  And thats how it should be!

Jan 3, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #200 of 41,083
A lot of you guys have some serious gear.  I love it!  

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #202 of 41,083

Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting a new DAC on Wednesday, and probably some DT150s soon, but here's my current rig.  It's a uDAC from my computer, going to either the Fiio E9 or the Denon AVR-1000 receiver.  Then Denon D5000s or for super casual listening, KSC 75s.

Pictures aren't the best quality.

How/can does the udac drive the D5000s just by itself (not with the e9)?

Not poorly.  It's difficult for me to hear any noticeable differences.  The uDAC *might be* slightly brighter and more energetic.  If you're on a budget, I don't think it'd be a bad choice.

Jan 3, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #203 of 41,083

Quote:
Quote:
I'm getting a new DAC on Wednesday, and probably some DT150s soon, but here's my current rig.  It's a uDAC from my computer, going to either the Fiio E9 or the Denon AVR-1000 receiver.  Then Denon D5000s or for super casual listening, KSC 75s.

Pictures aren't the best quality.

Nice towel hanger cum headphone stand...I happen to have the exact same one - I found it at HomeSense. I think I'll hang some paper rolls too so my ESW9s don't get any nasty ridges in the headband.

I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond for $15 or something.  It's kind of cheesy looking with the rolls, but I'd rather be practical and keep my headphones in good condition than be fashionable and ruin them.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #204 of 41,083
Hi.  Nice cables on your Triple fi's.  What model are they?

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #205 of 41,083

Quote:
Here are my new HD650 and some cable mods using the Zephone cable..

and the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 also using the Zephone cable.

DAC Musiland Monitor 02 (nice dac price/performance)

AMP Octavart 01 AMP Version (handles hd650 quite nice)

Source Asus G73JH

Speakers Swans M50-W

Remember this is my DORM in BEIJING setup..got better one at home...

Sorry Keph.  What brand are the UE cables?  They look very cool.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #206 of 41,083
Lots of reasons really:
1. no grid within grid view.  (I like to choose genre first, and then look at album covers)
2. no deleting source file within iTunes (unless you let iTunes manage your files, which I won't do)
3. app searching is dumb; no easy way to search within podcast type for example.
4. no easy way to switch genre thumbnails (must use 3rd party solution)
5. Any use of EQ will clip the sound on recordings close to 100dB.  Instead they should EQ like a preamp. 
6. slow

That's for starters. 

iTunes does most things really well but they don't give a crap about power users.

Quote:

How come you don't like iTunes?

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #207 of 41,083
That's what WinAmp and foobar2000 are for. Windows Media Player doesn't even have an equalizer and is just as slow, but I use it for syncing my DAPs anyways.

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #208 of 41,083

Sorry for sounding like a total noob here, but I have no idea what the hell any of these things are (besides the DAPs and phones of course).
Quote:
Let's see your headphones station at it's current state.  You can clean things up and bit, but it has to be your current station.  NO old pictures please.

here is mine.  Took the pictures this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back