Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #182 of 41,234

Quote:
How do you like the Total BitHead?

Its fantastic. I think it has a great sound that really matches the Grados nicely. It really helps the bass out, but also keeps the highs just where I like them. It also sounds great with my PortaPros when I am just using the amp feature on the go.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #183 of 41,234

Quote:
I'm getting a new DAC on Wednesday, and probably some DT150s soon, but here's my current rig.  It's a uDAC from my computer, going to either the Fiio E9 or the Denon AVR-1000 receiver.  Then Denon D5000s or for super casual listening, KSC 75s.

Pictures aren't the best quality.

Nice towel hanger cum headphone stand...I happen to have the exact same one - I found it at HomeSense. I think I'll hang some paper rolls too so my ESW9s don't get any nasty ridges in the headband.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #184 of 41,234
here's my setup:

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #185 of 41,234

Quote:
I'm getting a new DAC on Wednesday, and probably some DT150s soon, but here's my current rig.  It's a uDAC from my computer, going to either the Fiio E9 or the Denon AVR-1000 receiver.  Then Denon D5000s or for super casual listening, KSC 75s.

Pictures aren't the best quality.

How/can does the udac drive the D5000s just by itself (not with the e9)?

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #186 of 41,234

You must try the donut shaped pads, the ones with the holes in them.  The sound is so much more open and detailed without all that foam in the way. 
Quote:
Its fantastic. I think it has a great sound that really matches the Grados nicely. It really helps the bass out, but also keeps the highs just where I like them. It also sounds great with my PortaPros when I am just using the amp feature on the go.

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #187 of 41,234
Do you have a thing for light bulbs?

Jan 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #188 of 41,234

Quote:
You must try the donut shaped pads, the ones with the holes in them.  The sound is so much more open and detailed without all that foam in the way. 
Quote:

You're saying I should kramer mod the pads, or should I get bowls?

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #189 of 41,234

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your saying I should kramer mod the pads, or should I get bowls?

I like the quarter modded HD414 pads. they cost $5 and I prefer the sound to bowls.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #192 of 41,234
Here is my "Getting back to Basics" rig.  Or as my roommate calls it, "His new SP Extreme Platinum/HRT/Cardas Rig".

An iPod feeding AIFF files through an ALO iPod dock, Cardas Quadlink 5-Cs, into a Schiit Asgard and Cardas 702s.

Power is cleaned and provided by the PS Audio Duet passive conditioner and Pangea power cables.  (this is the bottom shelf of the above rack)

And yes my pictures are mirrored.

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #193 of 41,234

Quote:
Here is my "Getting back to Basics" rig.  Or as my roommate calls it, "His new SP Extreme Platinum/HRT/Cardas Rig".

An iPod feeding AIFF files through an ALO iPod dock, Cardas Quadlink 5-Cs, into a Schiit Asgard and Cardas 702s.

Power is cleaned and provided by the PS Audio Duet passive conditioner and Pangea power cables.  (this is the bottom shelf of the above rack)

Being a noob, I don't totally get this. What do you mean by "power is cleaned"?

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #194 of 41,234

Quote:
Quote:

Being a noob, I don't totally get this. What do you mean by "power is cleaned"?

It's another one of those "I can hear the difference, I swear" type things. It's the same with cables and burn-in and what-not.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #195 of 41,234

I actually don't know myself.... kinda.  It has to do with cleaning the power so that any negative attributes it may have coming from the wall are cought and removed before they enter your power supply.  Think of it like boiling water before you cook with it in the wild.  It was water before you boiled it, now it'll just be better for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back