Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #151 of 41,133

Quote:

The Beats aren't my cup of tea, but if you like'em... enjoy to your hearts content.  I know I do!

Well I didn't know anything about headphones when I bought them... as I said I've been trying to sell them to some of my friends. Its just... well I was talking about this in my most recent post.... the other headphones (Shure 850's and Audio Technica M45's, for example) don't seem as "lively" as the Beats, for some reason. I can't understand it myself, maybe it has to do with something like burn in? They were on display at Guitar Center and I honestly couldn't understand why they sounded like that.

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #152 of 41,133

Quote:

What wood is used for the shelves, and what are they treated if you know?

They are old growth maple, from an Amish sawmill in Maryland.  They are air dried, rather than kiln dried.  This keeps them from drying out and possibly warping (although at 2 inches thick, warping would seem unlikely!).  They are coated with a clear lacquer, not a polyurethane.  

Although it may be slightly overkill, I love how heavy and solid it is.  I'm not sure about all of the sonic improvements Mapleshade claims these racks provide, but it is definitely a vibration killer, and it looks great, as well. 

More info about these racks can be found here:  http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/Equipment-Racks/departments/16/

Jan 1, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #154 of 41,133

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment :)  The stand is the Macally ECOFAN PRO.  I love wood, as you can see with my RS2i and the bamboo stand matches them, somewhat.  I've had the stand for about a year and it's been great, although a little loud.  I was thinking about wiring two bigger fans to reduce the noise. 

Thanks! I just ordered it from amazon for $33 shipped. Wasn't looking for a laptop stand but heh, when you see something nice, gotta go for it!

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #156 of 41,133

Quote:
Quote:

Wow, a leftie. That threw me off.

Sure wouldn't throw me off... LOL... does it look weird or something?

It depresses me sometimes how there are no high-quality left-handed ergonomic gaming mice sometimes... got to get the ambidextrous ones :'(

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #157 of 41,133
Off topic, but are you familiar with the idea that all left handed people were in fact twins and are pure evil? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_twin 

http://www.biolbull.org/cgi/reprint/55/4/298.pdf

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #159 of 41,133

Quote:
Off topic, but are you familiar with the idea that all left handed people were in fact twins and are pure evil? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_twin 

http://www.biolbull.org/cgi/reprint/55/4/298.pdf

Umm... well I hear they were "unlucky." And associated with the act of the Devil... not quite what you put it... But I do know some of the Middle-East still agrees with that assumption.

Do people really still believe in that? LOL. I wouldn't care less anyhow, I'm the type of person who enjoys being myself and being unique for who I am. :)

Jan 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #160 of 41,133

Quote:

ROFL (sorry for going off-topic) I looked at that EXACT MOUSE. I got mine as last year's Christmas present, for about $80 (expensive mice these days... but I guess you could call me a miceophile :p)   It came out a few months after I got mine, and the DPI rate isn't as high... mine is something like 5600 DPI and that one is like 3600, plus mine has 6 special programable hotkeys! (that one only had 2) So yeah, I think I got the better deal anyhow...

Jan 2, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #161 of 41,133
What kind of speakers are those?

Quote:

Hahaha, my iPod, you're greatest nightmare. Mind you I'm no audiophile, I don't even have an amp let alone a good pair of 'phones. Although I am selling my Dr. Dre Solo HD's for either the Ath-M50 or the Srh750dj... but that will be later on. But oh well... I guess its ok to post :)

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #162 of 41,133
The Creative I-Trigue 2200. There's a newer version of them, those speakers are 6 years old and still look like they're brand new out of the box excluding some dust and scratches. :D

Very nice $100< speakers at the time, although I can't really remember buying them...

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #163 of 41,133
Here are my new HD650 and some cable mods using the Zephone cable..

and the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 also using the Zephone cable.

DAC Musiland Monitor 02 (nice dac price/performance)

AMP Octavart 01 AMP Version (handles hd650 quite nice)

Source Asus G73JH

Speakers Swans M50-W

Remember this is my DORM in BEIJING setup..got better one at home...

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #164 of 41,133
OMG OMG OMG YOU HAVE THE RAZER VESPULA!!!!!!! I WANT THAT SO BADDDDDD. (But its $50, lol rip-off)

The Asus G73JH will NEVA beat the Asus G51jx-A1. :D    Don't see why you'd have an extra keyboard though... the laptop keyboard already comes with plenty of Fn + # hotkeys already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back