Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #227 of 41,248
I took this photo two weeks back but nothing has changed, does it count?

Modded Cambridge Audio Azur 840C to Woo Audio WA22. The 840C is also fed an optical signal from my computer's Asus soundcard, not pictured here.

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #228 of 41,248

Quote:
I took this photo two weeks back but nothing has changed, does it count?

Modded Cambridge Audio Azur 840C to Woo Audio WA22. The 840C is also fed an optical signal from my computer's Asus soundcard, not pictured here.

Yes it counts. :)

I love your cable management!  I'm gonna do the same.  Thanks!

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #229 of 41,248

Quote:
"Fixed." is a sentence fragment...

It's understood as "it is" fixed.  When somebody says "I'm doing good", and you respond "well", what you're actually saying is "You are well."

Jan 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #231 of 41,248
Awww, that's not very nice. 
frown.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #234 of 41,248
Do I see two pairs of Sennheiser HD-800 and (what appears to be from this angle) a pair of electrostatics?
Rainbow from mouth launched.

Quote:
Here's my current rack, as of today.

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #236 of 41,248

Quote:
Do I see two pairs of Sennheiser HD-800 and (what appears to be from this angle) a pair of electrostatics?

Two HD800s and one Ultrasone Ed10.  I've been a headphone listener for decades, but Head-Fi finally convinced me it's OK not to pursue just one set-up.  So now I've got three flavors.

The HD800s are a little different from each other.  I've often found that with boutique assembly.  I tried six over 18 months and kept two, for different amp combos.

Jan 4, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #237 of 41,248

So are your personal servants paid by the hour or do they have salary wages?
Quote:
Quote:

Two HD800s and one Ultrasone Ed10.  I've been a headphone listener for decades, but Head-Fi finally convinced me it's OK not to pursue just one set-up.  So now I've got three flavors.

The HD800s are a little different from each other.  I've often found that with boutique assembly.  I tried six over 18 months and kept two, for different amp combos.

Jan 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #240 of 41,248

Quote:
Awesome setup InnerSpace, can you explain the differences between your HD800s, never heard of anyone ever mentioning differences between multiple pairs of HD800s

Thanks.  There was a thread on here, when Sennheiser came through with the FR traces you can get when you register, and some differences were evident.  The pair I use with the Leben has the treble peak nearer 7khz than 6khz (by ear) and it's fairly pronounced, but I put old BugleBoys in the Leben, both drivers and output, which is a real chocolate-chocolate chip mix in terms of bass and warmth, and the 7khz peak just hits right and perks up the start of the last octave.

The pair I use with the Pinnacle is much flatter - again by ear, a very small bump at about 6khz.

IMO it's very common for low-volume production items to display significant sample variation.  It drives me nuts when people chase SQ changes through cables, for instance, when trying another sample of their favorite headphone would probably get them a much bigger difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back