Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #46 of 41,157
Sorry, I was replying to BobSaysHi.

That was a pretty good suggestion.  However, the poster has a whole lot of equipment, most of which is not in the pic.

Dec 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #49 of 41,157
Wow, nice looking set up.  That Project TT looks mighty fine on top.  I've been thinking about going that direction.  Would you run down top to bottom what the rack consists of and which HP you were listening to?  TIA.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #50 of 41,157
Thanks for the comments bbophead.
Turntable rig is Project Genie>Ortofon 2M Red, Squeezebox Touch, World Audio Designs Pre II pre amp, Darkvoice Figaro amp, Cambridge Audio 640P Phono pre amp, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Sennheiser HD650 headphones.
Bedside rig is Squeezebox Duet, iPad 64 GB with camera connection kit to connect to Beresford TC7520 DAC, Onkyo CR515DAB, MB Quart QP400 headphones.
Looking at getting the Cambridge Audio Sonata CD Player to go on the bottom one day.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #51 of 41,157
Sounds good.  (I bet!)  No speakers?  Man, you must be all about HPs.  Appreciate your reply.

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #52 of 41,157
Only speakers I use are for my computer which are Mordaunt Short 402's but I have a pair of Celestion DL6 mk2's in the attic. My profile will show I am more headphones than speakers 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #53 of 41,157
03029174, FatCat and HeatFan:  I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of the expression I made when I saw your audio setups of the gods.
Edit: NapalmK: I don't wish I had a camera for my expression, because I would have been sniffling at the beauty of pairs of Audeze's, RS1s and W1000s all in one place.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #54 of 41,157

Quote:
Using it as I type. Pic taken today.

I love this bed side system.  I may put one together too.  Thanks for the idea!

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #55 of 41,157
Here's my beginner setup:  Macbook Pro ==> Optical out ==> Sony STR-K790 amplifier ==> Sennheiser HD 595

Also, there's a pair of pretty old KLH bookshelf speakers which sound actually quite nice as the left and right for my surround sound. (only use the PS3 for that when gaming or vegging out with movies)

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #56 of 41,157
Great rigs guys, keep em' coming.....

Quote:
03029174, FatCat and HeatFan:  I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture of the expression I made when I saw your audio setups of the gods.
Edit: NapalmK: I don't wish I had a camera for my expression, because I would have been sniffling at the beauty of pairs of Audeze's, RS1s and W1000s all in one place.

Thanks dagothur....Head-fi can be addictive...
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Wow... me likey 
tongue.gif

Thanks Viking....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?

If you mean power, I have two surge protectors underneath the stand.  If you mean headphones, I have different ones from high to low impedance.  The WA2, FUN and C-2 have pre-outs that I connect to the A5s, so I can listen to speakers or headphones with a push of a button....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Vinnievidi,

I like your clean system.  Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too.  Love the SL-1200 turntable!  

HeatFan12,

You got a serious headphones station.  I love the solid state & tube systems.  Do you still spin CDs?

Thanks DJ,....
beerchug.gif

Yes, I still spin discs but have to be honest, a lot less than I used to.  Computer audio has gone to another level in terms of simplicity, organization and functionality.   Good Times indeed....

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #57 of 41,157
Quote:
NapalmK: I don't wish I had a camera for my expression, because I would have been sniffling at the beauty of pairs of Audeze's, RS1s and W1000s all in one place.

Thanks! I wish my parents felt the same way. They think I'm crazy...
redface.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #60 of 41,157
My pics are semi-old, but nothing has changed in that time, lol (except for more tubes):

Tube situation has changed though, and I have most of my rotation like this:

And even THAT has changed, as I have moved the non-essentials out of the "tube box", and into my "spares/duplicates box" (not shown - see profile for inventory, lol).  There's also the addition of most of my portable stuff, and the ATH ESW9A's and Beyerdynamic T50p's share stand space with the HD650's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back