Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 19, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #31 of 41,153

Quote:
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado. 

Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.

If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.

Are those SR60s on your arm rest?

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #32 of 41,153

Quote:
Quote:
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado. 

If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.

Are those SR60s on your arm rest?

Wow, I'm surprised anyone saw those. Yes, that is my headphone resting place until I get a stand. Also, my Minimax is out of it's case on my desk.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #33 of 41,153

Quote:

Okay, maybe a little cleaning should be allowed?  
darthsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #34 of 41,153
Hey guys, nice rigs!

Here's mine 

It's run off an XP laptop running Foobar and Asio4all and will soon be running Electri-q when i have time to configure it correctly.
I have 2x One Terabyte HDDs, one as a backup since i lost all my music a few months ago due to a failure. :frowning2:
Cary Dac, SPL Phonitor amp and HD800s. Best rig i have ever heard, amazing soundstage and imaging, similar to my old K1000s except have deep and textured bass.
Will be upgrading the cable and ICs to high quality Silver soon and that should be me done.

The Technics amp is an old cast off which powers a pair of Technics speakers. They are really great, just music room is tiny so they are used for Xbox sessions only.

Keep the pics coming guys, great thread!

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #35 of 41,153

I'm currently trying to rip my entire CD collection, so there's quite a mess on my desk :)

Please try to ignore the lousy CD player and the crappy speakers. Planning to replace both soon...
Other than that, there's a Hifiman HE-6, Grado RS1, Senn HD600, audio-gd Roc-SA, Dac Magic, and a comfy Ikea chair.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #39 of 41,153
I got back home to find out my room was undergoing some renovations so my main rig has been displaced to the den area. I can't set up my gaming/music rig down there so my netbook has to do. It's a little cramped but really not bad. The Asgard and uDac are my secondary setup at the moment.

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #41 of 41,153

Quote:
Couch-side listening:

I like this very simple setup. Its clean. Plus books are at the back are amazing. After you've read books, you can switch back to listen music! This is a great simple setup! However, I did not find any full size headphone around. Maybe there are kids playing around. In line with this, I like this setup. This is a similar setup with mine. Books and Headphones are great partners too!
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #43 of 41,153
I wonder if you would mind identifying your equipment.  Inquiring minds ............

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #45 of 41,153

Quote:
I like this very simple setup. Its clean. Plus books are at the back are amazing. After you've read books, you can switch back to listen music! This is a great simple setup! However, I did not find any full size headphone around.

Thanks. Don't underestimate the baby Stax. Despite slightly rolled-off treble, they're on par with my full size cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back